What Nevershaveagain.com said to me

This is an email I recieved from them:

Customer,

Thank you for your E-mail and interest in our product. I know that we have some bad press on the Internet web site Hair Facts which is run by the electrolysis group which is one of our major competitors. I am also well aware that our competition which is not happy with the business we take away from them. This is especially true for the electrolysis and laser lobby which I believe is behind many of the remarks which are not favorable. For prospective, we have sold several million units to as many satisfied customers. Compare this fact with the few negative comments on Hair Facts’ web site which might have been sent by bias people. We have been selling various models of our product under the same brand name for over twenty years since we first patented our technology in 1977. Previously we have sold through major retailers such as Sears, Penney’s, Bloomingdales, Macy’s, Q.V.C., The Shopping Channel, Harrods of London and many others. In all cases, our product was reviewed by this major companies and passed by their quality control departments as to how our product functioned and their legal departments as to our claims of permanency. We sold very well with all these companies. We compete very favorably when compared to electrolysis and laser. Any one can write a letter to a web site and say anything they want. There is no downside or anyway to verify their motives. The fact that we have been in business so long, had our product sold by such major companies, have independent completed, medical panel reviewed and published clinical studies and millions of satisfied customers hopefully out weighs a few people who might not have even purchased our product making a comment on a web site. Some of the web sites which bash our product and other company products are sponsored by an electrolysis group. I provide you this information so that you have a balanced understanding of our product.

Now it is possible that you detailed research has just uncovered that all these major retailers from around the world has incompetent quality control and legal departments, that the doctors performing our clinical studies and the completely independent panel of doctors lied and as such placed their careers and reputations at risk just to help us, the prestigious medical journal which published our clinical studies is also incompetent along with our F.D.A. which approved a 510K filling allowing us to sell our product in the U.S. and our several million satisfied customers we have serviced over the past 22 years are just so stupid that they cannot tell the difference between permanent hair removal and hair growth. I will admit to you that this is all possible and that you in-depth research of reading a few comment by unknown writers on the Hair Facts web site has just uncovered this so called ‘scam’. Possible but I believe not likely in anyone’s normal review. I would strongly suggest that you do not purchase our product and that you go with either laser or electrolysis with there associated much higher cost and potential skin damage if administered wrong.

Regards,
David Walsh
President
United Production, Inc.

Regards,
Customer Service
Nevershaveagain.com

Thanks for the letter! Can you forward me the email to andrea@hairfacts.com so I can see where they are emailing from?

Now that one of the Rejuvenu guys is in jail and Quacky’s Consumer Beware and all the clien-- um, “moderator” sites which “Kitty” hosts are curently down, I have a little time to devote to Finally Free.

Let me say again, Finally Free at nevershaveagain.com is a HUGE SCAM. Here are some Amazon reviews:

22 of 23 people found the following review helpful:
A Pain in the A**, October 3, 2001
Reviewer: Liz Kent (see more about me) from Sweet Briar College
Bottom line is, it sort of works … you have to hold each hair
for 30-60 seconds to make it turn loose. And one treatment won’t kill the hair. Imagine doing this for each and every hair! Believe me, this is a slow, slow, slow process.

It works better on thin hairs. Heavy chin hairs are immune to this product. So if you have a few thin eyebrow hairs to kill, it might be worth your time. But I would rather be washing a cat than use this thing again!

3 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
do NOT buy, June 17, 2004
Reviewer: A customer from Houston, TX
This is a big waste of your time and money. In addition to the product not working and delivering promised results, the company does NOT stand behind its 100% satisfaction guarantee policy that is promoted on the website.

I purchased this unit plus 2 additional packs of the hair removal patches. When I returned it all (within 7 days of delivery) the company refunded my money for the unit itself, but NOT for the additional patches even though they were unopened.

I corresponded with the “president” (David Walsh) of the company and he refused to stand behind the 100% part of the satisfaction guarantee. He’d rather receive bad reviews about the product than refund me a minimal dollar amount. The dollar amount is only $26, but it really speaks volumes about the integrity of this company that he won’t sacrifice such a small amount to make a customer happy. They do not care about making customers happy or secure with their purchases.

Take your business and your money elsewhere. This product is as useful for removing hair as a tennis shoe would be.

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
Complete Rip Off, April 8, 2004
Reviewer: sandy4763 (see more about me) from GILBERT, AZ United States
This product is a complete rip off. It does nothing it claims to do and when trying to take advantage of the guarantee, they never respond.(…)

12 of 12 people found the following review helpful:
Approved by the FDA???, February 1, 2004
Reviewer: A customer from Auburn, Alabama United States
OK, yes this product has been approved for use by the FDA. BUT, after doing some research on the FDA’s website, I have discovered that all that takes is proving that this system is “essentially equivalent” to systems already out on the market! I also found that, according to the FDA, there is no statistically significant data available (even from their “published trials” which I had no luck in locating) to support claims of long-term or permanent hair removal through use of tweezer-type epilators. Bottom line…check the advertiser’s claims before you buy their product because obviously these claims don’t hold water!

47 of 47 people found the following review helpful:
frustrating trial, January 3, 2002
Reviewer: pennyan from Alabama
I ordered the Finally Free product for my daughter. She was so disappointed that she asked to write the review that follows: after using this product a year in hopes that something magical would happen- i have decided this product is […junk]. do not buy this product. it does not work, and it is a pain to think that this product got my hopes up to permantly remove embarrassing hairs. all i have to say is, Finally Free will be be Finally Chucked in the Garbage for me.

32 of 33 people found the following review helpful:
Save your money, November 29, 2001
Reviewer: A customer from New York City
Home electrolysis(the one with a needle) kits only work for one or two pesky thin hairs. This kind(the tweezer one)absolutely does not work. I’ve tried it, along with many other hair removal products, and it definitely does not work. If you feel very inclined to purchasing this, check the return policy carefully.

42 of 43 people found the following review helpful:
It does not work and can’t work, November 13, 2001
Reviewer: elevich from CO, USA
Don’t believe anybody who writes that this product works, because it does not and cannot - the whole conscept of killing hair roots by electric current is false and utopic because it’s been proved that the hair is not an electric current transistor (even if it’s completely wet, the electric current won’t penetrate below the skeen surface).
Note to Tamy (previous review): - it’s obvious that this review has been fabricated, because she writes about her own exprience and then suddenly announces that this product works on all hair types and colors. How can the person have multiple hair types or colors? It’s an obvious advertisement.

19 of 21 people found the following review helpful:
It just doesn’t work., June 26, 2001
Reviewer: A customer from Atlanta, GA USA
The bottom line is, this product simply does not work. I followed the directions carefully, and waited the appropriate time, but saw no effect at all. As your mother probably told you, “If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.” Once again, mother was right.

[ July 02, 2004, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Andrea ]