What laser to use?St. Louis area clinic?

So I have been researching laser for about 2 months now and I am curious what type of laser would be best for my stats.I am a 26 m.I seem to be between a type 2 and 3 white pretty fair skin sandy blonde hair but body hair is dark. I am in the St. Louis area. I have only looked at one clinic and it uses the isolaz(which Ive heard isn’t great. I want back chest and abs done. Ive got about 2k. What can I expect to pay because the clinics Ive checked out vary greatly.

I have been to two St Louis laser spas, The Youthful Body and The Face and Body. Both have pleasant and competent staff. The laser gives a good reduction in hair, although for me results seemed to vary by body area. On average, perhaps 50-60% reduction over a year. Right now there seem to be specials available (buy 3, get 5 treatments). However, only electrolysis seemed to really eliminate the hair. Costs for laser seem to be about $2,000-2,500 for chest and back. Electrolysis is about $60 per hour, so you could get 33+ hours for 2K. Unless you have a whole lot of hair I think this is the better deal. It would not hurt to ask for a deal here either, i.e., complete clearance for $X including touchups. Worst case is they say no.

I can recommend Electrolysis, Ect. in Clayton, 314-727-8313. Ms. Sunyatta Marshall is great

Good luck.

Sailor

You need an alexandrite type of laser for best results, such as GentleLASE or Apogee. There are many clinics in your area since it’s a big city. We provide many ways to find clinics near you. Please read the links below and follow our advice to narrow down to a few clinics that you can actually check out in person for consultations. Average prices are also listed in the FAQs link below.

50-60% is not a very good reduction if the hair is coarse. Also, 1 year wouldn’t be enough to get all 6-8 treatments if they’re spaced correctly 2-3 months apart. And after that, you’d have to wait at least 3-4 months to judge true reduction.

Results depend a lot more on the type of hair that’s being treated, and machine and settings used than on body area.