What is worse..

Do you think that tweezing stray hairs out from the neck area stimulates a dormant hair follicle? Thats what this electrolysis woman told me, and now Im petrified, I feel as if each day more hairs are appearing under my skin as bumps at first, and then wouldn’t you know it, hairs appear, they were not there last year.Is it best to carry on shaving ? I just feel like crying.

[color:“blue”]aww bless ya, i don’t think shaving helps at all…but me myself my sister said i had a neck like a monkey [image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/LoonyLuong/Dry.gif[/image] i would just have to accept it…sadly…but be happy with yaself, try accepting and take ur mind off it, [/color]

After 46 years in full time practice I and can say with full authority that tweezing does not stimulate hair growth. If in fact it did many balding people would be tweezing their heads.

Many unskilled electrologists use this excuse for poor treatment. click to ElectrolysisInformation.com for more details

Are there any clinical studies to prove or disprove that waxing or tweezing does or does not affect hair growth?

Many of my incoming female clients who come to me because they suffer from unwanted facial hair, tell me that they experienced increased facial hair growth after tweezing or waxing. Many of these clients have been tested for elevated androgens and many of them come back with the diagnosis of Normal and idiopathic.

Some women are hair-end sensitive to even the smallest amount of andogens in their blood. Can tweezing or waxing in these areas stimulate facial hair growth for that population? Its possible. Waxing or tweezing causes trauma to the area. Blood rushes to the area to heal, bringing with it, its chemistry which contains these androgens. I am not suggesting that men start head-banging clubs to increase hair growth on their heads. Different parts of the body react differently to hormones.

Blanket statements without clinical study leads to manipulation through misinformation.

I realise this is in old thread, but I am now curious… I have been tweezing my upper lip for about 15 years now, and I have never devloped any coarse hairs in the area, despite having PCOS. I guess everyone is different. I do have to do it almost daily though, and I wonder if the amount of hair there has increased over the years. Now I am considering electrolysis elsewhere on my face I am thinking of having the upper lip hair done if I feel it is successful everywhere else. Many hairs on my upper lip are curved upwards or stick out at funny angles, presumably from the trauma of plucking. Would this make me an unsuitable candidate for electrolysis there?