What is best -Blend, Thermolysis or Galvanic?

I’m considering electrolysis for my upper lip and chin and want to know if Blend, Thermolysis or Galvanic is best and why. I have Fitzpatrick type I skin and a mix of dark and blond hair.

Also roughly how often would I probably have to go for treatments? I am going to book a consultation but I want to find out as much as I can beforehand. Thanks

Blend is the best, as it is, if I’m correct, a “blend” of both Thermolysis and Galvanic; it’s heat as well as an electric current. Since electrolysis does not depend on the skin around the skin surrounding the skin and/or the hair’s thickness/colour, you’re a perfect candidate.

I would say one hour per week until you’ve cleared it? I usually book in hour-long appointments; you get the most done and it’s usually a better deal in itself.

Eeek 1hr a week :confused: I didn’t realise it would be this often. Does it make a difference if you leave it longer between sessions?

I didn’t mean to upload a smirky face…I was aiming for an eek face, oops!

None of those are best…in the hands of an incompetent electrologist. All of those are best…in the hands of a competent electrologist. Electrologists usually “specialize” in the modality and technique that works best for them - or in the modality and techniques they were trained in.

I didn’t see a picture of your upper lip, but from the photo of your chin, it might take about 10 minutes for your chin and, depending on the amount of hair on your upper lip, 10 to 30 minutes for that area with thermolysis. If you have not ever tweezed these areas, then you “might” have monthly treatments.

The length of time between treatments? I like to treat the hairs before they get a chance to shed.

The best is the one your electrologist is good at… if you were to ask me to do multi-needle i’d look at you like u had 3 heads… I’ve never touched one… I’m gonna play with one someday but… The fact is it comes down to the skill of your electrologist knowing their equipment, your skin, and proper insertions are key.

I’m standing on top of my table clapping, Kelly! You hit a bulls eye with that comment!

I actually loved the technical skill involved when I did multi-probe galvanic. The digital Gentronics is what I used and it was awesome! I sold my unit because I can achieve the same thing with a faster method I use now, but I will always have a high regard for that modality.

In UK 99% of them operate Thermolysis 10% seem to offer Blend nearest to me is 1.5 hours away and well Galvanic is a dying art around 1-2% that’s going by what’s available on the UK electrolysis official website members, obviously there are many that aren’t registered but Thermolyisis is wide spread and recognised as the best here. In America it seems there are more blend and galvic on offer than in UK and many do prefer Blend I have heard its good for dark thick hairs that are stubborn to remove by as others have done I’d be more concerned about the skills of the operator than which method they were using.

For facial DIY I have a preference for blend, but that is mostly because thermolysis requires such precision insertions that isnt as possible with DIY. All three modes work in the right hands.

Seana