what can it be possibly (sudden hair growth)

I am a 25 year old male and for the most part of my life i have not been hairy at all. Then all of the sudden i started to experience sudden hair growth about year and half ago. At this point in time i had become a vegetarian, i don’t think that this has to do anything with it. But i started to grow hair no my upper cheeks, back, upper arms and recently have experienced a lot of hair growth on my shaft as well.

AS you can imagine this has caused me a lot of grief over a period of time and it really bothers me.

i want to see an endo but what type of endo should i see.
thanks

An endocrinologist specializes in organs that produce and excrete hormones. General practitioners can order tests as well, so you may not need to see an endocrinologist. I’m thinking you’ll just be told you are a man with genetic tendencies to grow hair.

I have gone to a the clinic in my school and they have done some test, but all came negative. The test had to do something with metabolic. like you said they were saying that i am a guy and it is normal. but, i know that it is not normal for me to grow hair at the rate that i am growing it.

there are many types of endo’s like reproductive or thyroid. Who should i see or is there an endo who specializes in the area of excessive hair growth?
thanks

Most men develop hair into their late 20s. This isn’t abnormal, though you may want to discuss the type of food you’re eating and stuff you’re drinking with a nutritionist.

You may want to see a doctor just to make sure there isn’t any condition that may be causing extra growth.

But my guess would be that this is completely normal like in most men your age.

If i was growing hair at a slow rate then it wouldn’t be a problem. but the fact that the hair is growing at a fast rate is what upsets me and makes me believe that something is wrong.

i am twenty five and already i have a lot of hair in and around my ears, this isn’t normal.

Can anyone please tell me what endocrinologist i can see for my problem?
thanks
Karanvir