What Birth Control Pills Reduce Facial Hair?

Help! I know some BCP actually may increase facial hair. Since I’m battling this problem…I want one that will help reduce it. Anyone have any luck with any BCP?

Has anyone tried Estelle 35-ED/ Diane 35?

The reason some Birth Control Pills help control hair is because they also contain a small amount (1 or 2 mg) of the very potent anti-androgen drug Cyproterone Acetate (Androcur, Siterone). While this component is helpful, the other component is ethinyl estradiol, the most powerful estrogen. This hormone is often cited as the cause of increased blood clots (DVT, deep vein thrombosis) and/or stroke in people prone to these conditions, especially women who smoke or have high blood pressure (or worse, both!)

Furthermore, ethinyl estradiol has a significant risk of causing cancer. So large that the amount of EE in the Diane had to be reduced from 50 micrograms to 35.

As to Cyproterone Acetate - this is a synthetic gestagen which more or less fails to be effective as a gestagen but has a pronounced antiandrogen effect. Even in small amounts, it may lead to severe depressions.

Both may have a severe impact on the liver, and EE raises the risk of thromboses a lot.

Prior to any medication like this, the levels of sexual hormones should be determines, including DHT (dihydrotestosterone).
Such a medication should be taken only under a physicians control (unless You are transgedered and need to feminise without having access to appropriate medical resources… but of cource this is also risky and should be avoided if possible)