What am I doing wrong?

:confused: I just got the One Touch Electrolysis unit. Every hair that I have tried to treat has been unsuccessful. I have tried 2 treatments at 15 seconds each, with the dial set at 10, on about 20 different hairs. I experience the ā€œtingleā€, yet the hair still resists. What am I doing wrong?

Hi! Iā€™m not the best person to reply to this because the home electrolysis wound up driving me insane and I gave up ā€¦ but I wanted to jump in before you fry your skin or something. :smile:

A little bit of resistence when you try to pull the hair MIGHT not mean it didnā€™t work. It could just mean that the hair is thicker than the opening. Especially if you had the dial turned all the way up like that, Iā€™m sure it was enough! So donā€™t keep holding it longer and longer or anything. Donā€™t scar yourself! It may be that youā€™re just getting a little resistence despite successful treatment. Iā€™ve heard this is possible.

Thatā€™s all I wanted to jump in and suggest! Now somebody else might have a better answer ā€¦

There is definitely a learning curve with do-it-yourself electrolysisā€¦ I had to be patient and try changing things a bit until I was able to acheive the results that I wanted. Now it is a breeze for me to use the One Touch and I actually enjoy working on it and seeing my progress! I think that you would find NoHairā€™s previous posts on this forum as well as his website ( http://www.nohair.info/ )to be extremely helpful. For me, just making the ā€œfoot pedalā€ alteration using a sponge made all of the difference in the world.

Good luck!

i used a one touch for awhile . Found that the treatment worked even if the hair was alittle tight comming out. I started thinking that it had to come out very freely wich requierd long teatment times which resulted in scaring .I installed a foot switch and wrist band for a ground which helps alot . I recomend anyone doing this themself look for a used pro unit .You can buy packs of probes and not worry about the bending and they come in different sizes . I bought a computerised fisher unit from ebay for 400 . Was the best dicision , works better and quicker.

Itā€™s tough to do on yourself, especially with those little One Touches. If you plan on doing a lot, a used pro unit can be a better option.