What about EpilFree?

What about EpilFree? epilfreeusa.com

Can it be used along with laser /electrolysis to improve efectiveness for long term resolution?

To me, and I might be going out on a limb here, but personally I think it looks like another candidate for the Hairfacts Hall of Shame.

Read the FAQs on the site. I particularly like this one.

Is this product FDA Approved?
“The ingredients used in Epilfree are determined to be safe. The labeling and packaging meet all of the requirements of the FDA.”

So because the FDA says the ingredients are “safe”, and the packaging and labeling technically meets all legal requirements, we can therefore conclude the FDA says the product actually works as claimed? That is quite a leap of logic.

Then read the entry, Is the Product Safe to Use?

"The preparation received approval by Health authorities of the European common market. The lotion is manufactured at an approved cosmetic plant.

Warning: The Safety of this product has not been determined • For external use only • Wear gloves when handling product • Do not ingest • Keep out of eyes • Stop use and ask a physician if irritation develops • Keep out of reach of children • The preparation contains active ingredients and therefore pregnant and breast-feeding women should not use it • The preparation should not be used on irritated or damaged skin • Use application should be stopped upon the appearance of signs of irritation, in which case you should consult a physician • In most cases the appearance of a reddening, red spots or rash is due to the use of wax."

So the product has not been determined to be “safe”? If it has not been approved to be “safe”, than what approval did those “Health Authorities” bestow on the product?

But the FDA had determined the ingredients to be “safe”, but
wait… so combined together they are “not safe”? Or does the FDA say it is “safe”, but the “Health Authorities of the European Market” say it is not “safe”? And what does “safe” mean exactly anyway?? I am soooooo confused :crazy:

The product sounds like a miracle cure, but the legal disclaimer makes one uneasy. Sort of like all those genital herpes drug commercials that consume their 30 second time slots giving warnings at a verbal pace that would put an autioneer to shame.

No, epilstop will not improve on the efficacy of laser and/or electrolysis when used simultanteously.

Epilfree is an unbelievable alternative to other permanent hair reduction systems. I have used it on several clients in my spa with excellent results. I’m delighted to be able to offer a new service that is so affordable and effective. My clients are sending me lots of new referrals. I’ve been able to help alot of women who have excessive facial hair get rid of it once and for all! The Epilfree System takes an average of 4 to 8 treatments to achieve the desired result! I couldn’t be happier and the people we’ve treated feel the same!

EpilFree = Wax the area, spritz on two sprays, massage the skin and wrap the area for a time, and continue on a schedule.

“Hairpro”, please tell us the mechanism of biological change created by this product. I see nothing that amounts to anything more than a non-theraputic body massage.

I also found the web site’s avoidance of giving any information about the ingredients by explaining that they are all natural (Whatever those ingredients that they won’t tell us names for).

Give us some real information or find yourself on the spammer’s list.

You have got to be kidding me…

You better explain your product better than that. In the meantime, I would strongly advise any consumer reading this NOT to pay money for such nonsense.

I can see it’s not easy being “the new kid on the block”! All of the ingredients in both of the Epilfree solutions are available on the web site and in the training manual. Not only are the ingredients available, their use and benefits are also listed. There is another list from Dr. Konis, the scientist who developed the system, that shows the ratio of natural to synthetic ingredients. 79% natural! All of the ingredients are safe and gentle…it is the combination that renders the follicle useless! This new innovation is something to celebrate…Epilfree is going to make permanent hair removal easier and more affordable than ever before!

“It based on combination of natural & synthetic ingredients only…”

I love this statement. Only? What else could there be?

Hairpro,

Please explain how these ingredients interfer with the cell’s RNA.

I am almost hesitant to post here. There seems to be a lot of hostility. I am a client of Hairpro. I have had 4 treatments on various areas: eyebrows, upper lip, chin, breast, legs, feet, armpits and bikini area. I am very pleased with my results. I have much less hair growth - I would estimate 50% less. This system is working. There is relatively no pain and my skin feels soft and nourished. Plus, the cost is reasonable for me - much more than laser.

To Choice…
I suppose a formula could be only synthetic ingredients, or only natural ingredients.

To dfahey…
When I am sick and take an antibiotic, the antibiotic works in some fashion to kill the germs that are making me sick! I’ve never asked the pharmecist how it kills the germs or what the ingredients are that kill the germs…I’m sure it’s a combination of ingredients that make it happen.
You are in luck, my friend…if you are really interested in how the Epilfree ingredients interfer with the cells RNA…I invite you to e-mail Dr. Konis, the scientist who developed it and ask him. He will be delighted to answer any questions you may have. Then you can tell us all! Epilfree.com is the European site of the manufacturer, he can be reached through there.

…I see we are a little sarcastic and feisty in this forum! I’ve asked a few of my clients to share their experience with Epilfree here. I’m sure there are consumers who will be interested.

If you think we are sarcastic and Fiesty , please understand where it comes from. Many people here have spent money they could not afford to lose on a boulevard of broken dreams that leaves them wiser, though poorer for the experience.

We have had machines sold for $5,000 - $10,000 that were simple galvanic only units that advised that permanent hair removal could be achieved with rubbing a gel on the skin, and then applying galvanic current to the surface skin via a moistened cotton swab (that’s right, a Q-tip) and then pray for permanent hair removal as you pluck your hairs out after the so-called treatments. These overpriced units were being sold for those prices during a time when real electrolysis machines were still $500 to $2500 brand new from the manufacturer. (I think those scam devices are why the current crop of machines charge as much as $10,000 today.

There are products that are batteries connected to an oversized chunk of metal that is too large to do an easy insertion and costs $100 to purchase, but represents only about $5.00 worth of product, including labor.

Lastly, there is “Epil-Stop” which purported to be a dipiliatory cream, with a spray “inhibotor” that would eventually lead to no hair growing in the treated area… Hmmm, sounds familiar… Anyway, many people who used this product had to include a trip to the emergency room for chemical burns into their costs for trying that product, as it was lousy at removing hair, but it did do lots of damage to their skin.

So if we seem to be hostile in or skepticism here, just compare us to the girl who is on a date, and hears one more line that includes “it’s good for your skin”, “if you do it standing up”, “trust me” or any number of other things that lead to bad outcomes previously.
You can’t blame a girl, really. After all, it is hard to tell the difference between a decent guy and a jerk when they are both calling out “Hey, baby. Yo, baby” at you.

Now to lighten the mood, (but on the subject that I just brought up) take a little time out to watch and listen to
Fiest , just in case you missed the previous link.

You came on here, hairpro, with your declarations and you promise more testimonials from others. They are welcome to say whatever they want here. Will we still know anything about this product because of anecdotal evidence? No, we won’t. What I am interested in is the actual mechanism of action - the why’s and ways that make this system superior. That’s all.

If the good doctor desires to defend these claims, he can present himself and earn that DR. in front of is name. What are his credentials? Has he written peer reviewed papers about this?
You see, there are so many “liars” in this world when it comes to permanent hair removal, thus this website’s creation, that we don’t take favorably to glossy testimonials unless we can get answers to the science behind why it works.

I’ve spent too much time on this. Introduce Dr.Konis to us, please. Its not up to me to contact him and then report back here. It’s his product/invention, I assume, and he can convince the consumers here. We are all ears, but we will ask questions. Sorry if you think that is being sarcastic and feisty.

1 Like

Hi All~ I have been in the Health and Beauty Industry since the early 80’s college educated as a clinical dietition, Kree graduate from NYC in electrolysis, paramedical aesthetics in NY and Fl and a CME. Having said that, I am well aware how each of the different technologies work. Electrology =electrocoagulation, LHR absorbing the energy in hair shaft and bulge, and now epilfreeusa by absorbing the treatment solution where it has successfully been epilated all working on the growing or anagen hairs and working with the hair cycle.

I could provide the post epilation treatment solution- ActivatorA content and Post epilation treatment toner B content. I have worked with this product for some months now and have and have seen result past the 8-13 week cycle and see it as another tool in my toolbox to help my clients/patients rid themselves of unwanted hair. I appreciate your interest.

Thanks for the explanations…you’re right, I can only imagine what you have seen and heard over the years! My apologies! I will contact the developer of Epilfree and invite him to post.
I will be happy to be persistant with getting scientific information to you and the consumers. I’ve been so excited about the results and possibilities it didn’t occur to me that maybe you’ve heard this before…duh! Is there a way I can attach some data that’s already printed?

It depends on the format of the data. If you can cut and paste it like you do an email, it will transfer directly into the reply box.

If it is a PDF file, it should still transfer, unless the PDF file is of photographs of a paper, or magazine, then it won’t do the cut and paste, because it is a picture file. In any case where you can’t transfer the info, just email it to Andrea and/or me, and we will take care of it.

PS, I hope that little video song link lowered everyone’s blood pressure. :grin:

Sorry, James, I haven’t listened. I will listen later though. My BP is already low enough.

All I care about is details, ingredients and double-blind studies. I’m not impressed by tease statements and personal testimonials because people frequently lie for monetary gain.

Thanks hairpro and HRgenius. Hope you can take this to another level.

Dee

Oh, I just noticed that both of you registered on the same day, talking about the same subject. Do you know each other?

1 Like

I loved that video!!! Of Course HRGenius and I know each other! We have both had extremely good results with Epilfree. I’ve been in contact with Andrea to get information and put together, along with the manufacturer in Europe, all of the study documentation we need to substantiate our claims. I feel like this is a wonderful opportunity to earn the respect of others in our industry. As HRGenius stated “Epilfree can be a wonderful tool in a hair removers toolbox”. The method works on blonde, red, gray and downy facial hair beautifully along with all other colors and skin types in my experience. I totally understand the need for documentation and support for our claims and I am taking the steps to have those.

We’re eager to learn, hairpro.

In the meantime, could you tell everyone how this works. Talk to us like you would talk to a real person in your shop seeking Epilfree. Just do a consult on here and tell us about how this works, how it feels, timelines, etc.

We’d be delighted to listen.

Dee