Weird looking "hairs"

I’ve been getting electrolysis every 1-2 weeks for a little over a month now. I have these weird thick “hairs” that don’t have roots, that are just growing out of the follicles. It seems like they are what people talk about getting after laser hair removal… almost like little black peppers coming out of the follicles. I can sort of pull them out with my fingers. Does this mean the hair was killed? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks in advance!

In electrology terms it might be what is called"tomb stones". It mightlook like a little black plug. It is most likely part of the follicule that the body is expelling. Do not worry as it is quite okay.

Yes, I agree with hairsgone. These sound like “tombstones”, so called because these hairs are a monument to a dearly departed hair follicle.

When a telogen hair is treated, a newly forming anagen hair below it got caught in the line of fire. The telogen hair was lifted from the follicle, however, the anagen hair stays hidden below the surface of the skin. It is now a foreign body that will eventually work its way to the surface just as a wood splinter would.

Tombstones look thicker, darker, duller and more brittle than normal hair. Clean your skin thoroughly and lift them out with tweezers. That’s it!!

Dee

Does anyone here know if having “tombstones” means that the hair won’t come back again? I get those too after flash electrolysis, especially where there was a really thick hair there to begin with.

“dearly departed hair follicle” means d-e-a-d.

It (the hair follicle) won’t come back to life - ever. Permanent. Gone for good. Electrolysis.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by dfahey:
<strong>“dearly departed hair follicle” means d-e-a-d.

It (the hair follicle) won’t come back to life - ever. Permanent. Gone for good. Electrolysis.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Now that is the kind of talk I like to hear around these parts… :grin:

David