Waxing pepperspots/stubble

Hey I’m a guy and I recently had my chest and stomach waxed for the 2nd time, the first was a couple years ago and I didn’t really have any problems then but couldn’t afford to keep it up so I stopped at the time. Was trying at-home waxing kits recently but kept running into all kinds of problems with that so since I have more money now I decided to give professional waxing another shot.

The waxing itself was not an issue, in fact I was surprised by how easy it was. The first relatively minor issue was that for the first few days afterwards my chest was completely red and covered in rather unnatractive bumps. That went away thankfully and I had about 3 or 4 happy carefree hairless days.

The past four days have been awful, as the hairs have started to grow back in, not as fine thin hairs, but thick, coarse stubble that is irritating and looks much more disgusting than actual hair.

I have been exfoliating regularly (thus I’ve had only a couple ingrowns), so what’s going on? Is it that I went to a bad waxer and they broke the hairs off without removing the root completely? If so how can I find a good one (the one I went to got a good score on yelp.com). Or is it possible I just need to have more treatments so the hair is more used to being ripped out?

Really appreciate any help, if I can get this to work I will be a very happy camper. As it is I’m kind of miserable

Sounds like the hairs snapped off without being removed by the root, as you suspect. Waxing DOES tend to get easier the more you do it, so you can just keep persisting and hoping the roots come out clean more and more often. Or you can try another waxer next time and just compare. A little bit of this is just kind of the nature of the beast with waxing, but you shouldn’t have to deal with it to such an extent, in my opinion.