waxing increases hair growth?

so I’m considering waxing my hands, feet, and possibley my arms (I’m male), but I read the effects of plucking terminal hair and since waxing basically does the same thing then does that mean when I start waxing then the hair will grow in thicker, darker, faster, and coarser? If so then that would really really suck and I wouldn’t want to do it. Their pretty small areas so I thought it would be pretty easy and right now thier not super apparent, but if they do become more apparent and I have to wait for them to grow out b4 waxing again then I would become upset. So can someone confirm if thats infact what happens after one waxes or if does it not happen?

You should also think about whether you may want to seek permanent removal of that hair in the future. Waxing/plucking can distort your follicles and make electrolysis more difficult. I learned the hard way :frowning:

In some cases, waxed hairs don’t even grow back straight. They are all twisted and bent. At that point, even if the hairs are the same color and the same thickness, they still bring more attention to themselves.

what if I just plucked them?

I desperately don’t want them to become worse though :confused:

Yobi, maybe I missed this, but is there a reason why you are not considering electrolysis or laser? Can you submit pictures?

You can pluck the hairs, but how long would that take? It’s a task that will never end because of hair grows in cycles.

Dee

It’s true that Waxing kind of messes up the way your hair naturally grows, because the hair is pulled out against the direction of hair growth.

Sugaring however, pulls out the hair with the direction of hair growth, so I think you’d have better succes with Sugaring. Plus it’s less painful, and much cheaper because you can do it or make it yourself.

That’s what I think. You never know with hair though.

Cutely said and so true!

I have no money right now, but if I do save up enough money I’ll definately want to get it done. Srry I don’t really feel like sumbiting pics :/. Its actually not super apparent, but the fact that theres hair there and its long enough for me to see really really bothers me. The hair itself is rather thin, but its black and the hair on the digits of my fingers are rather long. I’ve been thinking about just bleaching it. Does that sound strange? Bcuz bleached hairs are virtually invisible.

I actually don’t know what sugaring is… but I’m willing to do it. But my main concern really isn’t the meathod its weither or not plucking the hairs (or removing them from the follicle) will make the hairs dark/thicker/and make them grow faster. Also when they grow back will there be ingrown hairs? and will it look weird/gross?

I’ve waxed for years before getting laser and electrolysis on bikini and underarms. It didn’t increase my hair growth and didn’t make things worse. The biggest issue with this side effect is on a woman’s face and/or when the hair is originally fine. I wouldn’t worry about it for these areas. Shaving is also an option.

Btw, any method that removes hair with the root basically does the same thing and will have similar side effects, i.e. waxing, sugaring, threading, plucking, etc. Shaving and a depilatory only removes the part of the hair that’s above the skin’s surface, so it’s technically just clipping it. It doesn’t affect the hair in any way. So that’s always an option.

so you can confidently 100% say that plucking or waxing my hands and feet will not make the hair there any worse? bcuz if I started to do that and it ends up the hair grows back darker and thicker then I would be very very upset

No one can say what it will do. You are talking about injuring the body and guessing what the healing process will be.

How many times do you get cut, scratched, or otherwise lacerated, and the skin heals so that nothing is noticeable. Now how many times are you left with a permanent scar, or mark, or discolouration of the skin?

This is the same gamble you take with hair plucking.

It’s kind of strange to me to have always read waxing info about hair becoming more thin, finer etc. Yet sometimes the hair does become more noticable ie thicker. It’s false information imo.

No. The missing information is related to WHERE one waxes. Facial areas are a no-no, legs get the green light. Hair on different parts of the human body behave differently because of two things: hormonal sensitivity and blood supply.