Waxing Eyebrows

I’ve had my eyebrows waxed twice…in between the brows, above and under the arch.

I’ve come to notice that under the arch the colour of my skin is white and a different colour tone to the rest of my face. So basically its obvious that i wax in that area.

Is it white under there because its never been exposed to the sun, or is there another reason?

depending on how thick your hair was that is a possibility, there may also be some skin removal if you are using acne (or other) skin thinning medications, also if your waxier is using strip wax instead of hard wax, if this problem doesn’t adjust itself naturally you might want to consider a different waxer or going to just tweezing for a while.

Well i’ve only had my eyebrows waxed twice, and in between that time i’ve been tweezing. Yet the last time i waxed was about a month ago and the colour remains the same.

I had quite thick eyebrows, and the waxer removed a lot of hair under the arch to give it some shape. Either way i will not be waxing anymore as i plan to move onto electrolysis.

I have been on some antibiotics though to treat bacteria from shaving…so i guess its similar to an acne treatment. So maybe this is the problem.

Sounds like that may be the problem. Always make sure to tell your waxer, or now your electrologist, about any medications you are on you got of light compared to how much skin some people have lost.
good luck with your new treatment
autumn

Is this effect reversable…if im to stop the medication will the skin natuarlly darker itself?..or will i need to get a slight tan?

On the medication bottle though it does say while on this treatment avoid excessive sun exposure from sunlight or sun-lamps. So i guess while on the medication i must avoid the sun.

eventually things should even out, you will need to get a little natural sun exposure but avoid it untill you are off medication. Hopefully that will help but without looking at it I cant be sure.
If the problem persists after a few weeks you might want to have you DR check it next time you are in

If i’m to start electrolysis will that have anymore negative affect to the discoloration?..and also since i’ve been advised to avoid sun exposure or sun lamps…would the electrologists magnifying lamp constitute as a sun lamp by any chance?

the lamp should be fine. I don’t know enough about electrolosys to say if it would affect the problem you should ask your practicionar (or james) about it/

Using hard wax on eyebrows is very gentle!
If you have sensitive skin dont get your brows done using muslin to rip the wax off with.

I’ve had my eyebrows waxed twice…in between the brows, above and under the arch.

I’ve come to notice that under the arch the colour of my skin is white and a different colour tone to the rest of my face. So basically its obvious that i wax in that area.

Is it white under there because its never been exposed to the sun, or is there another reason?