Waxing at young age to older

Hi. I’m a male. I have some questions regarding waxing.

1- I often hear Waxing for a long time can achieve permanent results, or atleast a significant reduction of hair. Also, the hair will become thinner etc. I personally believe it, what do you think?

2- Also, my real issue is this. I know for a fact that I will grow thick, dark and coarce hair on some areas of my body, right. BUT, i’m still young and they haven’t grown yet fully. but they are starting to grow now though. So lets say that from this time on, I start waxing very regularly, and never miss a period. If I keep doing this till im an adult, will the hair never grow as thick/long etc, as it WOULD have if I DIDN’T wax since a young age?

It makes sence to me you know. Like after the first year of waxing, the hair follicles will have been damaged more and more, and the hair should become finer. I’m thinking that by the time i’m an adult, there is no way the hair is gonna be at its natural state after all these years of waxing, thus making me less hairy in the long run lol.

Hope you understand what i’m trying to say, I will try to explain better if you don’t understand. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Hi.

I would still like some answers please because I still don’t know any answers on these questions…

Hair is made of the same thing as skin and fingernails. It is also made by a similar process. It is a part of your living body.

People who repeatedly cut their skin over the years don’t get thinner skin, they get thicker skin. Pro wrestlers who get cut on the forehead frequently can attest to this.

Other than legs and eyebrows, repeated plucking can’t create enough scar tissue to halt hair growth.

Oh, so very sorry for not answering your questions sooner. We let you slip throught the cracks, so thanks for your patience and polite attitude and reminding us about your post, Johnson.

You didn’t mention the areas that concern you. If you are a female and wax your face repeatedly, then you could have a real mess on your hands later on. The female face is hormonally vulnerable and when you rip hair out of the follicles in this area, you stimulate blood flow to the sensitive hair follicles. Male hormone is carried though the circulatory system and thus, the combination of a rich blood supply and male hormones to these particular hair follicles will feed the hair well and you could eventually see thick, deep, sturdy hair all over your face. This hair will not get thinner. You will need to get it removed permanently with electrolysis, or perhaps a combination of electrolysis and laser. I’m reluctant to recommend laser for the female face because I am not a proponet of laser for this area.

If you are talkig about your eyebrows, then I can say that repeated waxing may cause scar tisue to develop in some hair follicles and thus the blood supply is cut off and those hairs do not return. It is sporadic scar tissue, though. Some hairs will not be affected. Electrolysis is awesome for the brows. I wouldn’t do laser in this area. You may wax the eyebrows, if you desire, as this area is a different animal than the chin, upper lip, under lip, neck and sides of face.

A woman’s legs (men’s, too) will eventually thin out and the hair may give up altogether as they get older because we have a less vigorous blood supply to the lower extremities as we naturally age. It’s okay to wax there as well. If you are a good candidate for laser, that would be an awesome thing to do, followed by electrolysis to get any remaining hair. Shaving and waxing is fine for the legs. Waxing usually takes the credit for causing the hair to give up as one ages, but less hair is related to circulation as explained above.

So waxing is good for some areas, but not so good for others. Hormonally controlled areas like a woman’s face, should not be waxed repeatedly.

If you would care to offer some details about yourself, we can help you more.

Dee

James W. Walker.

Thank you for answering the issue about hair reduction. My other issue was a bit diffirent, though. There is a process for hair that becomes thicker/longer when a person is aging, right? I thought that maybe it would be diffirent since I’m young and the hair right now is still very thin and short. If I waxed till i’m older, maybe it will never be as thick when i’m older, as it would have been if i never waxed…

dfahey

Big post there and I recognize a lot of things you’re saying. For example what you said about legs is very true. My father for example doesn’t have hair on the legs anymore even though he had a lot of it when he was younger.

Sorry that I didn’t include info about myself, it would have been much easier for you all. I’m a male, 18 years of age. What I was thinking of waxing now is areas like the back, shoulders and arms and stomach. So it’s very unlikely that any scar tissue in the hair follicles may develop in those areas…?

Also, you said that men who pluck hair on the face can create very thick hair? You are right I think, as I have done this myself and I do see a few hair thicker. but the hair is starting to grow slower and slower as I continue to pluck…

One last thing. I don’t think I will ever get permanent treatments even though I may be a very good candidate. but they say waxing hair for a long time can make laser and electrolysis treatment useless. Is this entirely true?

Thanks again, and please bare with me as English is not my first language. Bye.

If anything, waxing will make your young hair worse (distorted follicles) not better. It will continue to increase and thicken whether you wax or not, there is no ongoing cumulative destruction with waxing (as there can be with laser.)

Your hair increases and becomes thicker as you progress through puberty (and by your age it will probably get worse for a few years to come), then at some point plateau for many years, and then by middle age your leg hair will thin out due to circulation as dfahey stated.

This reminds me of an infamous Nad’s commercial (a sugaring system sold on TV years ago). A middle aged lady says she has been using Nad’s for years, and now after all those sugaring sessions her legs are now hair free! Leading to the scientifically erroneous conclusion is must have been the sugaring that caused the loss of the hair, and not another factor like her age. Of course, they also claimed many times during the commercial that sugaring can be totally painless. Geesh :crazy:

You speak beautiful English, spelling is superior,too.

If you get laser or electrolysis, and you may have some distorted hair follicles and either method will still get you permanent hair reduction/removal. It won’t be a big challenge for laser, but maybe a little more for electrolysis. For laser, you know by now that we are talking about dark, coarse hair and for electrolysis any color of hair on any color of skin. Both methods requires hair to be in the growing stage (anagen). For wavy or curly hair, blend electrolysis is a good choice, but so is Microflash and Picofalsh thermolysis when applied with skill.

Faces are hormonally controlled and have a good blood supply. That is why waxing or anything that pulls the hair out forcfully can cause a hair structure to become sturdier over time for many people.

The thing is, waxing your back, arms, shoulders and stomach can be trouble. You got to wax every three weeks, give or take. You have to deal with ingrowns and pimples. Hyperpigmentation can occur and that can be as unslightly as the hair.

Lastly, when you pluck a coarse hair, it will return in 5-8 weeks.Is that what you meant by the hair returning more slowly?