was my doctor fobbing me off?

i have fair skin with maily fair hair however i get bristly black hairs growing in patches on my chin and neck.

i sit infront of the mirror for at least an hour a day to keep them at bay. the skin on my neck gets into a right state.

i asked my doctor a few months ago if there were any creams or treatmenrs available to treat the hair and he said no and advised me to go for electrolysis.

is this true or are there treatments available?

i would be very grateful for any advice given

If you want the hair gone, all gone, and gone for good, then no, your doctor was not “fobbing you off.” He is an enlightened professional giving you the truth, instead of what you might want to hear, or what would make him money.

IF, on the other hand, what you want is a prescription cream you will have to take the rest of you life, and live with the side effects, all so that you will have little to no results, but tax your medical insurance, and, or your wallet just so you can possibly have thinner hairs in the areas you spoke about, then he should have prescribed you Vaniqua.

IF you want to have a gamble on either thinning the number and or thickness of hairs, but risk burns, scars, increased hair growth, and, or pigmentation change, then he should have pushed for you to do Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASER)

How will the doctor know whether it is a temporary problem due to hormones or due to heredity?

first of all, are you male or female? how old are you? if you’re male as your name indicates and you want the few black hairs permanently gone, electrolysis is the permanent solution. if you’re female, this needs to be an entirely different discussion.