Wanting to buy electroylsis equipment

Hi all,

I’m new here. Am really enjoying all the posts. I am a certified electrolysis and would like any feedback on where I could find used equipment. Thanks for your help! [color:“blue”] [/color]

Ebay has a couple good machines right now.
Texas Electrolysis has used equipment and the Electrolysis Associations usually have a classified section as well.

Welcome rap.

Do you live in the United States?

There are classified ads for used equipment on the AEA forum if you are a member and the prestige website has a classified site. You can call electrologists in your locale and ask them if they have anything they are not using. Most of us have two or more epilators especially.

If you live near an electrolysis school, they might have used equipment for sale because they may have upgraded.

Dee

Thanks for responding! I live in Pennsylvania. I am also an Esthetician, I current work in a beautiful spa. I know a young (17 year old) girl that could really use electrology and I’m sure it would boost her self-esteem so I thought I’d see what I could find out there.

Hi Rap, Where in PA are you located. I’m in the Suburbs of Philadelphia and would be glad to help you with any of your questions. If you would like, you can contact me directly.

Hi Rap, you write that you are a “certified electrolysis”.

Where did you go to school to get your certification to become a certified electrologist? In school, they teach you about equipment. Which equipment did you learn on? Were you not happy with the machines you learned to use at school? What would be the advantage of buying used equipment other than the cost?

Thank you.

I went to school at Pittsburgh Beauty Academy in downtown Pittsburgh. The school is now closed. In school we used the VMC, Fischer and another one but I can’t remember which one. I am certified in electrology. The reason I went to school for electrology is because I myself had it done on facial hair on my lip and chin and it totally blew me away. I know it works. In the state of Pennsylvania you don’t have to be licensed. In my opinion you should be but I don’t set the rules. I took esthetics and became licensed. I focused on esthetics and after school immediately got a job at a beautiful spa. The reason I am inquiring about used electrology equipment is stated in my previous post. I know a 17 year old girl that has alot of facial hair and I know it bothers her. I would like to help her.

Anyone here want to get away from it all for the weekend in western Pennsylvania, check out the spa I work at. The web address is www.buhlmansion.com

What type of machine are you looking for?
In my quest for the right machine for me.Let’s just say I have a few. Cost wise $50.00 and up. I have two Suddonas $50.00 each they work just fine and would be good for moderate use. I bought them on ebay and I’m looking to get part of my money back. Give me a yell if interested.

I’m also looking to pick up an epilator. Do you have a web page for Suddona? I can’t find info on them.

J.

The Sudonna company is no more. You can still buy parts at Texas Electrolysis supply and a couple of compinies still work on them.

That explains the lack of info.

What kind of machines are they?
Therm? Blend?
Foot pedal or hand button?
How old are they, have they been used much?

J.

All three mod. foot pedal, I don’t know the use history.