vitamin c?

Has anyone heard of using a vitamin c serum or lotion to help speed up the healing process after electrolysis?

Vitamin C, Zinc, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, and Calcium will all help speed the healing process. I like to increase these things internally, but adding them topically to the wound site IN ADDITION to internally is a nice thing.

Hi Jilly,

I have just started taking a multi-vitamin for hair, skin & nails which has all the vitamins James has mentioned, and then some. You can see the ones I take here: http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=247
I’ve only just started taking them, so I can’t testify on the effectiveness of them, but I’ll see how it goes over the next few months.

I’m trying to follow James’ advice on the vitamin intake and making sure I’m properly hydrated before treatments, and also on cutting down on caffeine before treatments.
Last week I didn’t have a coffee all day, and I had the most relaxing treatment and it barely hurt. Yesterday I had a treatment but had been drinking coffee all day and it really, really hurt… not just that, but I noticed that my skin stayed red alot longer than normal, I don’t know if there is any link between the extra redness and the caffiene, but the difference in pain levels really makes me not want to have any caffeine on any future treatment days.