Viss vs Silk'n vs Tria?

Okay before the flame war I know at home laser is generally not a good idea. I had the Silk’n probably 2 years ago and found it was garbage. I’m skin type 3 with dark hair and had 0 results, no shedding or anything so I sold it. Probably a year ago I bought the Tria off eBay from China which may have been a fake or defective. It would charge for hours and the battery would last 5 minutes, plus I didn’t feel a thing. Only ONE time when trying it did I feel anything and it hurt a lot and felt like a typical diode. I did maybe a 2 inch square area on my leg then returned it after filing an eBay claim. I remember a week or so later some of those hairs actually shedding though unlike Silk’n. This was also the version just before the most current one.

It’s much better I know to do professional laser which I do, but some areas like genital area I just could never do professionally.

Just started looking into home devices again and noticed that there’s the new Tria out which is cheaper but then found the Viss reviews on here. On youtube people give it good reviews, however I don’t know how trust worthy they can be, as even if the machine makes the hair shed then I’m sure people on youtube would see that as proof it works even if it isn’t permanent.

Based on the reviews though it sounds not too bad. I know it’s IPL but I’ve had some of the best results from a professional IPL. I just don’t want to get it if it’s the same thing as the Silk’n as that was garbage I found. So just not too sure. I know it’s hard to get honest advice on here as most people seem to have 1 post when writing about how good these devices are!

I’m from Viss Beauty and although we won’t comment on our competitors I can assure you we have some amazing unprompted feedback and reviews on YouTube.

We have only just launched our dedicated UK business and I’m now here to answer any questions you may have.

Many thanks
Viss Beauty UK

I only see a few reviews on YouTube most from that Mike guy who’s signature in all his videos says vissbeauty.com so seems like he works for Viss?

Can I ask why you have to put it on the skin, fire it and then hold it there for 2 seconds or so when the light flashes right away? Why does it need to stay held down?