Videos showing different ways to transfer/manipulate tweezers

Hi, are there any videos around which look at transferring the tweezers from one hand to the other, as required (and maybe even different techniques for this). I was just looking through Josefa’s videos, but they are very close up and it’s not possible to see her full hand movements.

Do all electrologists tuck tweezers away in their non-probe hand, so that the non-probe hand can also be used for stretching the skin?

I trained myself to be ambidextrous and use the two-handed (tweezer in one hand, probe-holder in the other) technique. For facial electrolysis, I work from the head of the treatment table. For the right side of the face, I use my right hand to make insertions, for the left side, insertions are made with my left hand. I have always found the two-handed technique to be faster and more efficient than using one hand and flipping between the tweezers and the probe holder. It’s an option.

I almost never work 2 handed like that. and almost exclusively use one hand for stretching the skin and the other flips between tweezers and probeholder. It’s my personal preference though.

I am also ambidextrous and use two-handed technique especially when treat large areas and need speed. There are however places where I need to stretch the skin a lot (some places in bikini area for example). In this case I switch to one hand. It is difficult initially to master two-handed technique but, how wrote Hairadicator, is faster and more efficient
than one hand technique.

Thanks. Do you move the tweezers around in your non-probe hand - or do you always keep thumb and index fingers on the tweezers - even while stretching skin.

Thankyou :slight_smile: I feel I need to learn the one handed technique, but how do you do the switch! It’s like magic! From this video, I can see how the electrologist (Adrien Sanchiz) is initially holding the tweezers - but not the switch: https://youtu.be/5FhP8ODIiEE?t=9.

Kellie,
PM me, please your email I will send you some material for that.
Dimi

Thankyou. PM sent.

Will send tomorrow.

I have a second video uploading but this should help:

Omg Seana that’s amazing and so useful to see. Thankyou so much <3

I just tried out and I can do it, even though a bit clumsily compared to you.

When the tweezers are being held (and the probe is being used), are you using your little finger, or third finger to hold the tweezers in place, and in this position, where do the end of the tweezers come to (as in past the little finger, or right under it).

watch the second video. It’s a little hard to see because I’m not a videographer, and the first video is backhanding the insertion, but the second is working on a client. It flics up with the thumb motion.Oh I’ll also mention the baby finger isnt really needed, the end of the tweezers rest and “pivot” in the hole in the center of your palm. If you hold your hand out sort of cupped,you’ll see one part that is the lowest part, and thats where the tweezers pvot from. All you are doing is sliding them back and forth into a useable position with the thumb, while at the same time getting the probe the heck outa the way