Very light, blond/white hairs being extracted with no root

I’ve been seeing a couple of electrologists over the past few years, and due to travel or them being unable to continue, have begun seeing a new one.

My new electrologist is very happy to discuss the science behind it with me as I’m being treated but I have one concern: when she treats very light (almost no pigment) hairs, they come out with no root.

She tells me this is normal for very light/white hairs, but everything I’ve read and watched thus far says each hair properly treated should come out without resistance and with the root.

Is this anything that should be of concern, especially under treatment? I had a good clearance of a problem area three weeks ago with no visible regrowth, so wanted to get other opinions.

She is using blend, but I don’t know the power levels - it is enough to cause noticable discomfort though.

Your electrologist is correct. Light and fine hairs tend to be shallower in the follicle and therefore have a less noticeable root and sheath. Beyond that, if the hair is in its inactive phase, it is already beginning to exit the follicle and will not have a root attached.

A smooth release of the hair is the most important part, and the fact that you can feel the discomfort of the energy is a positive sign. If your electrologist is delivering results, there should be no issue.

I would say blend is a bit less efficient for these hairs, but if that’s what she’s comfortable doing and she gets you the results you expect in a reasonable amount of time, then there are no issues.

Thanks, Thermo. These aren’t fine hairs, I believe she used the #4 probe on them, but them being in the inactive phase makes a lot of sense.