Venus Laser - Here we go..

Anyone else see this come up on the Google ads on the page? New home removal laser, diode like Tria. Prob another piece of garbage. I’m so bad for falling for infomercials and stuff like this, even though I know that chances are this won’t work, I still can’t help but think hummmm $179… lol

http://www.venuslaser.net/

If you buy the scientific claims they are making, then according to the stats and figures, this thing works better than an ACTUAL PRO LASER.

95% permanent removal of female facial hair in 4 treatments in the Japan study? Complete (and permanent) removal after only two sessions for many of the participants in the Stanford study?

They would serve themselves well to make slightly less unrealistic claims.

But I’m like you, I’m always falling for informercial-type gimmicks. I’m pretty scientific and logical in general, so I can’t figure out why I’m so eager to be duped by products like this. For such a cheap price, maybe one can buy it and use it for multiple passes to sort of amplify the power (the way your soprano treatments work by only heating a little at a time). shrug

I wonder if it’s even cheaper on ebay… EDIT: Yep, $145 with free shipping on ebay.

Oh you just had to share that eBay link hahaha. That’s what I was thinking when I got the Tria, do multiple passes and maybe it would heat the area enough. It just depends how rapidly you can fire it in between, like Silk’n takes 3 seconds or so in between. My Tria never worked but when it did, it was really painful, wouldn’t have been able to do multiple passes I don’t think. Problem with these too though is that there really is no cooling so it’s so painful usually. Would be nice if there was a video or something, can’t even find out what the spot size is.

Just emailed them asking spot size, joules, pulse width etc. We’ll see if they reply lol.

Haha, I will be really surprised (and impressed) if you get a genuine answer from them!

This is really funny:

Thank you for your interest in VenusLaser.net.

Venus Laser is designed for personal home use and not necessarily
suitable for commercial applications.

The spot size for treatment is approx 1mm. As far as the joules I
am not certain and will have to check with R&D on Monday.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not
hesitate to contact us.

1mm spot size :S

I kind of look at that in 2 ways, the pros to me are that other home devices have larger spot sizes and pretty much don’t work. So if you’re going to come out with yet another home device, why make it such a tiny spot size unless perhaps it has high energy and can do good results? I’m curious to find out what the joules are. The problem though is that larger spot size as we know is better, and 1mm is pretty much as small as they possibly come so I can’t see it being able to penetrate very deep at all unless it has insanely high joules. So it could go either way, if it has high energy, then it may not be too bad since there’s really no benefit to making it such a small spot size…

Did they get back to you on the joules or any other info?

Not yet no, let me email them back again. Their email is venuslaser@hush.com. I go to hush.com and it’s free web based email. Kind of sketchy, if they have a domain venuslaser.net why do you use hush.com? That’s like using hotmail.com when emailing customers from Candela :S

Oh, wow, now I’m reeeally dying to know. Hear anything yet?

Nothing yet! I replied and was just like thanks for your info I look forward to finding out the joules and pulse width. That’s probably why it’s cheap though, it’s probably like a Tria with a 1mm spot size. Why are they always diode lasers? If they said it was an alexandrite I’d be sold haha.