venting

I just wanted to vent. I am very happy that I am getting this hair removal done. I feel a lot better about myself. I am just frusterated with the amount of money I am spending. I know it needs to be a lot of money because the electrolygist needs to earn a living. I am a student and am using my loans to improve my self-esteem. Seems kind of vain to me. I guess I just feel guilty. I’m not sure it will even be permanent because I have PCOS. I am currently getting my face and belly done so I spend about $200 per week. OUCH! Not including the physical pain I have to endure each time. I am paying to be tortured is how I feel sometimes during my appointments. But afterwards, I am happy. I am going to have a lot to pay off in the future. I guess I should ask, should I feel guilty? Can someone give me some feedback that will make me feel better about the situation?

You should not feel guilty.

In short, why are you going to school? Why are you paying all that money to your college? Is it to meet interesting people and drink mass quantities of beer? No, it is so you can make more money in the world of work than you could without having gotten your degree.

Well, study after study has proven that the more beautiful you are, the more money you make as well. So you are just going for the double threat of being a beautiful woman with a killer education. I guess the problem is, no one sees you walking down the street and says, “Get a look at the degrees on that lady!”

When you are done, you will both feel better, and get paid back in dividends you won’t even know about.

It seems like everyone is having some really negative experiences, I just wanted to share my experience with you all.

I have a detailed blog that shows the transformation I underwent at:

My laser hair removal blog

I’ve had some really great experiences, along with a few not so great experiences, but all in all I’m very pleased with the laser hair removal treatment I’ve received in the Washington DC/Virginia area. I’ve met some great doctors who have actually turned out to be very good friends, and we are still in contact with one another even still.

I wish ya’ll the best of luck!

Gary

I understand your desire to get done quickly. Have you seen an endocirinologist? Are you treating the PCO?

Would it be better to consitrate on the visible areas and work on the abdoman after gradution? I give student discounts.

Check into a electrology school in your area. remote possiblility but cheap treatments.

Gary you fraud I will not check your blog.

Gary’s blog was very interesting, Learner, it is worth the visit.

I am an electrologist. Gary, I have had men come into my office after having extensive laser treatments as their hair returned. Perhaps they didn’t have appropriate laser treatment, I don’t know. However, once you completely stop your laser treatments, if you grow frustrated with returning hair growth, find an electrologist.

Its the only sure thing. Yes, it is tedious, it is a slow process, but it is forever. But why should anyone believe anyone? Let us know what the area looks like after you stop your laser treatments.

Good luck.

Hey, by the way, Learner, you are a blast! Its been a pleasure reading your passionate, entertaining, informative and intense posts here!

Hey Gary,
Can you list the names of places in WashDC/VA that you’ve been to that have been good?
Thanks!

Dr. Battle and Dr. Harris of CulturaMed in Washington DC (northwest). it is a well-known place with one of the best doctors I believe for laser.

Gary’s blog was very interesting, Learner, it is worth the visit.

I am an electrologist. Gary, I have had men come into my office after having extensive laser treatments as their hair returned. Perhaps they didn’t have appropriate laser treatment, I don’t know. However, once you completely stop your laser treatments, if you grow frustrated with returning hair growth, find an electrologist.

Its the only sure thing. Yes, it is tedious, it is a slow process, but it is forever. But why should anyone believe anyone? Let us know what the area looks like after you stop your laser treatments.

Good luck.

Hey, by the way, Learner, you are a blast! Its been a pleasure reading your passionate, entertaining, informative and intense posts here!

And how long do you suppose it would take to clear one’s entire body of all that hair?

How many people that want all of the hair removed from their back are willing and able to make that commitment of time and money?

Start with laser see if it works for you, and finish with electrolysis.

Gary, how many treatments have you had on your back? If you have had more than 8 treatments, I would have expected more hair to be removed, although you did make progress.

RJC2001

I agree.

Gary, from your story it seems that you must have had at least 10 treatments so far. You should be seeing better results. What is this ALASE system as they refer to it? The only thing I was able to find is Alase laser manufacturer of metal-cutting etc lasers and this reference to Baltimore clinic:

http://www.insidebaltimore.com/BDM/laser_hair.html

It seems like a fancy name for an outdated laser system (or even an IPL) since you say it takes 5 hours to treat your back. That usually means the spot size of this laser is very small. You can benefit from finding someone with a modern laser that has a bigger spot size for example.

You can post in the laser forum and read there for more information. It sounds like you’re in Florida now. There are MANY MANY very reputable laser clinics there that won’t require a 3 hour drive. We can provide some recommendations as well. Where exactly are you located?

Can you let us know what your skin type of the Fitzpatrick skin chart is? How many treatments you’ve had so far? How long did you wait in between treatments? Do you experience shedding of all treated hairs every time? Do you know what settings they are using?

Also, most importantly, can you find out the exact name and model of the laser they are using?

Good luck.

Hi:

This is in regards to the original poster.

I once met a young woman who took her entire education money to go have what was to her a very necessary plastic surgery. To her it was a matter of self identity, and afterwards she was very happy, as I was for her. She was a nice person who’s parents had rejected her and did not support her quest for self-identity. She didn’t even tell them she was going for this major surgery.

If having electrolysis makes you feel better then that is something positive. Don’t feel guilty!

Alicia