vector hair removal system

I just registered and I am hoping to get answers to the Vector hair removal system.
I happen to be looking for a safe and not too costly system, but this one is very expensive so does it work?

Welcome, Maria!

Unfortunately, Vector is a scam:

Hairfacts: Vector by Divine Skin Solutions (WARNING!)

[ September 03, 2002, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

Hi,

I was going to buy it before I bumped into this page!Your page is amazing.
Are you basing your conclusions to the fact that there is no proof that galvanic tweezing is working?Has anybody tried the product and see if its working?It "looks" prety sophisticated to me,and the fact that produces 10w of power is giving it a lead from the other battery-opperated products. Whats your thoughts about this.

Sophocla, devices like this have been available in the US since the 1980’s without any verifiable consumers who have achieved permanent hair removal.

In 1998, the US Food and Drug Administration announced that there is no statistically significant data indicating the devices can achieve permanent hair removal.

Ok.I`ve asked a guy that was using a Vector machine.His reply was that the machine was really hard to use,somewhat painful BUT the results where PERMANENT!He used it at the back of his neck with great results.

How about that.
Now I`m really tempted to buy one myself.

Hair removal is a very difficult thing to judge, especially based on short term results. Ask the guy if it’s been one year since his final treatment. Also, be aware that folks online making claims of permanence may be Vector salespeople. If you haven’t met someone in person who is done and happy, I’d be pretty skeptical of their claims.

I still urge consumers to avoid products like Vector until they have proof to back up their claims. Folica recently dropped Vector from their catalog because of consumer dissatisfaction. If you decide to buy one, keep us posted, but it’s my opinion that you’ll probably be throwing away $200 and a lot of time.

"The machine works fine. I used it on my neck. It is difficult to use and to grasp the hairs properly, but they do not grow back. Also, the treatment is very painful. It took me about 3 months to remove all the hair on my neck and it is not growing back. Basically, I am not thrilled with this product, its a pain in the *** to use, but it does do what it claims. Its probably worth the money considering that I get to use for ever and every hair that it removes is permanently removed.

Hope this helps"

He doesnt seem to be a salesperson!"Not thrilled about the product" and "pain in the ***" comment are not from a person that tries to promote a product.But,as he is saying the hair are not growing back (im kind of skeptical about this since it was only three months since his first treatment).I`ll investigate more and keep you updated about this…

Thanks.

Yes, his reports of permanence are premature. Waxing lasts that long for some people. The real test is how long he can go after his final treatment.

this is an old thread but that email that someone “sent” you was found on the consumerbeware website (i know this cause i just read it there) that andrea claims to be a total scam in itself.

personally i wish i knew if that site is a scam. its basicly a newsboard much like this one but appearntly is run but a scam artist? i dunno… maybe. my whole scoop on it is that there used to be this woman named Judith Stephens that used to rip people off (including me) of thousands of dollars buy supplying a product MUCH like the vector.

kitty who was the webmaster of judiths site helped me get my money back so i dunno if shes all bad or not. ive seen a lot of things being said online and the rumors go on and on. its hard to trust anyone.

Andrea i wanted to ask you, i am thinking about going to a laser clinic but they advertise the consumerbeware website on their site. should i be cautious?

ps. the vector doesnt work. i used a very similar product that even had the same tweezers and it didnt work.

Testimonials are powerful persuaders, especially if they make it sound less than perfect. The problem is finding the source to verify such claims is usually impossible. At least other methods have real people who have had real results.

Vector was and is a scam to avoid.

As far as the “Kitty” site, my problems are this:

1. “Kitty” did not get money back for everyone who she ripped off by promoting GHR.

2. “Kitty” still doesn’t get it, promoting another quack product (Kalo) under the guise of a test with no scientific merit. She did the same “consumer tests” with the GHR device she used to rip people off with.

3. “Kitty” acts like her site is a consumer site, but it started as a sales platform for Judith Stephens and remains one for the handful of hair removal people who have aligned themselves with Judith/“Kitty.” Most so-called moderators are actually clients.

4. People don’t like to be lied to or have their comments censored. “Kitty” has chosen to mislead people, right down to her fake name, and she censors facts and websites that don’t match her version of the truth.

5. Some of the laser and electrology people who support the “Kitty”/GHR project are actually experienced and good choices in their areas, but I would suggest not supporting anyone who thinks it’s OK to stand by in silence while a fellow board member and “Kitty” client rips off consumers. One of them even offered to double a quack’s reward put forth for my personal information (hi Shelby!), which goes to show what unethical people they really are.

So, just because someone participates over there doesn’t mean they are good or bad at their job, it just calls into question whether or not they put consumers ahead of their own petty motivations. Anyone with ethics distances themselves from their association with “Kitty”/Judith in time. People like her are bad news, especially for consumers.

[ November 17, 2002, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

So 9 years later, is this still a scam? I just came across this product today. Electric tweezers (I know, bad). But I saw it on amazon with some not-all-bad reviews. I’m tempted but was hoping to find some recent comments over here first. It’s even sold at GNC… Worth the $200 splurge/risk?

Vector Electrolysis Hair Removal System

Summary - Based on 11 reviews

It works but it's very time consuming...
  By Cass - Jun 3, 2011 - Full review provided by Logo for drugstore.com drugstore.com
Pros: Works; Quiet; Removes Hair; Slows Hair Growth; Quick Charging Time
Cons: Somewhat Difficult to Use; Awkward; Can irritate skin; Time consuming; Somewhat Bulky
I was thinking I'd give this 4 stars but saw what the stars mean and decided it was more of a 3 (Works just fine) star product. First of all, when I received this a few months ago, the tweezers wouldn't touch because the rubberized grippers were too thick. After I slid a nail file between the grippers a few times, the tweezers worked fine (if you do this, be careful not to file too much, as you don't want the metal visible). I was a little worried that the machine would make beeps or other loud noises (I have a dog who becomes obsessed with noises) but it's fairly quiet and doesn't make any beeping noises. As for the actual electrolysis part of it, it seems to work. They recommend you read the instructions carefully before using it and I feel this is a must! Before I got the machine I figured I could hold a hair with tweezers for a minute or longer, no problem. However, after using the machine, I've realized that you have to grab the hair very close to the skin (and oftentimes I end up electrocuting my skin because of this, even though that is not recommended) and you have to use a special conduction gel (included) in order to actually get the electricity to enter into the hair follicle. You need a very steady hand and it seems that, if you don't feel any kind of sensation, you probably are not holding the hair… more »
Was this review helpful? Yes - No

Definitely works--but read directions!
  By kirnex - Mar 31, 2010 - Full review provided by Logo for drugstore.com drugstore.com
Pros: Effective; Quiet; Long term results
Cons: Tweezers can misalign; Leads come undone easily; Irritates Skin; Difficult to Use
I have owned an electrolysis machine before (the kind with the needle that inserts into the hair shaft) and this is much easier to use.This product IS effective and, thus, a good buy, but with an advisory: You MUST read the directions carefully, and you must grab the hair right at the base. You will know if you have done it properly because you will feel a slight irritation or nerve reaction under the skin, and you will see the conductive gel turn white or foam up a bit. You will also know you are doing it correctly if, after several seconds (on the higher settings), the hair just glides out easily. Also, the hair does need to be at least 1/4" long, I find, to make it easier to grab. The downsides: The conductive gel they give you is less effective, I find, than other conductive gels I've used. I have taken to making my own out of glycerin and saline--you want it runny to optimize conduction, and the gel that comes with this just isn't. Also, the leads really need to be pushed in well and if not, the device just stops working. This is a design flaw that I don't care for. Also, not crazy about needing to push a peddle to trigger the electrical current--should have a button located on the tweezer for this. Additionally, you will need to purchase extra return leads, as you only get a few with this. You can make the ones included last longer by… more »
4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes - No

This product doesn't even ...
  By Anonymous - Apr 9, 2008 - Full review provided by Logo for drugstore.com drugstore.com
This product doesn't even work. I bought it and it will conduct against the other needle but I don't feel anything once I put it to the hair. So it was the biggest waste of money!!!
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes - No

I bought this machine a ...
  By Anonymous - Dec 14, 2006 - Full review provided by Logo for drugstore.com drugstore.com
I bought this machine a while ago, and have been pleased with the results. It's a difficult machine to use, but it's professional grade, so that's to be expected. Once I got the hang of it, it was ok.
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes - No

Difficult to use and not ...
  By Anonymous - Oct 18, 2006 - Full review provided by Logo for drugstore.com drugstore.com
Difficult to use and not working. I had several professional electrolysis treatments on bikini areas and only have < 30 hairs left. I used the maximum power on every hair for at least 60 sec (black hair). When I pulled lightly with the tweezer, hairs slid out easily just like when you got it done by a professional. I got a few scabs, but that isn't too bad. Two weeks later almost ALL hairs grow back. I'm sure because I didn't have many hairs left, so I know where the hairs used to be. They grow back exactly on the same spots I just removed using the vector. I did get cramps in my hands. For me it's not worth my time and the risk of scarring. I better get it done by someone who is trained to do it.

Anyone who says that the ...
  By Anonymous - Sep 15, 2006 - Full review provided by Logo for drugstore.com drugstore.com
Anyone who says that the tweezers are easy to handle either has the patience of Confucius or the dexterity of a surgeon. The tweezers are clumsy and after prolong use causes cramps in the hands. You have to squeeze them tightly to grab a hair. And the time for the hair to burn depends wildly on the person. For me, it takes about a minute to feel any sensation. (I have black hair.) So you can imagine how long it would take to treat a medium-size area. But if you are patient and follow through with the treatment, the hair truly does not come back. (That's why I gave this product a 3-star.) But after doing this for a few times the past 2 months, I found the time factor too demanding. And I get hand cramps if I want to do too many hairs--by too many, I mean maybe 10 hairs. So be aware of these factors before you buy.

I have been using the ...
  By Judy - Mar 7, 2006 - Full review provided by Logo for drugstore.com drugstore.com
I have been using the Vector System for several months and have had outstanding results. It is true, as many claim that the system is difficult to use but after a little bit of practice it becomes easier. The tweezers that came with my kit are as good as Tweezerman. Vector Electrolysis has really excellent customer service.

I've had this for 3 ...
  By Wendy H - Nov 16, 2005 - Full review provided by Logo for drugstore.com drugstore.com
I've had this for 3 months. I noticed the hair getting thinner and not growing back as rapidly. I'm not sure if there is permanent hair removal yet. I have burnt myself a few times. I get these red little scabs, but they come off without scarring after a few days.

It's an ok product. ...
  By Anonymous - Oct 6, 2005 - Full review provided by Logo for drugstore.com drugstore.com
It's an ok product. Please don't expect much from it. You have to really struggle to properly hold hair from shaft. No way you can hold thin short hairs. Also, sometimes you get electric shock from tweezers. In conclusion, I won't recommend you buy it.

Stopped working after using 5 times
  By Hope - Jan 31, 2011 - Full review provided by Logo for drugstore.com drugstore.com
I purchased this in September 2010, used it 5 times and it has now stopped working and it can't be returned, so I guess I'm out[$], doesn't seem fair.

Just received this and it ...
  By Anonymous - Jun 27, 2006 - Full review provided by Logo for drugstore.com drugstore.com
Just received this and it was BROKEN!

The larger issue is that for $200 one can buy a REAL electrolysis machine. Your question is like asking “Is buying a Confederate $100 bill a wise choice?” The answer would be, “depends on what you want to do with it.” If you want to spend it at the grocery store, it is a bad choice. If you want to say you have something that is a rare item older than 100 years old and frame it, go ahead.

As an electrolysis machine, this is simply overpriced. If it cost $20 to $60 we might find it less of a rip off. Additionally, this company advertises that you can remove hair with a Q-tip wet with an electrolyte gel. THAT is a scam. This system doesn’t even give you a proper inactive pole. It gives you about $1 worth of disposable EKG tabs, thus leaving you with nothing to ground yourself with after about 8 uses of the machine, which is all they expect you to do before you give up and chuck this into the junk drawer.

You can only use this machine for real electrolysis if you spend additional money elsewhere to buy a probe holder and get professional electrolysis probes, but again, there are better machines to be had at this price point, and they include the probe holder, and often times, professional probes/needles in the bargain.

OK, I bought one of these for 50 bucks. This was before I knew about this site. After testing it out it certainly doesn’t work. I decided I would buy the probe holder, and set of disposable f shank probes. What setting would be safe to use? Should I use a volt/ohm meter and just test it to look for the most suitable setting, or are they consistent enough that a particular setting will work? I read several threads through the search function, one of which was showing a very high amount of current even at low settings.

Why put good money after bad?
Just go to the http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/95966/Re_Legitimate_electrolysis_mac.html#Post95966 and find a real machine already. Frequently, some older models go for $100 to $500. You just have to be vigilant.

I had already bought the probes. Regardless, I found out quickly that anything over the lowest setting was akin to pouring gasoline on my arm and setting it on fire! It works or seems to since the hair came out with the sac and all. I recently bid on a clareblend on ebay. I also saw one for 49 unknown to work. Im not sure it would be worth it to buy. How much is service per hr on an epilator?

Look at this pic, I searched it from search engine. Now I think it will be more clear for all of you people about any type of hair removal treatment.

True, but where is electrolysis??

That is an odd illustration and I am wondering if it came with any text describing what is taking place.

When we shave, we are removing the hair from the surface - epidermis only. This is temporary hair removal and the illustration for shaving makes sense.

When we wax, the hair is removed from the dermis and/or the epidermis, depending on what stage of growth the hair is in.
This temporary hair removal method has an illustration that does not make sense.

When we use an epilator, here too the hair is removed from the dermis and/or the epidermis, depending on what stage of growth the hair is in. This temporary hair removal method has an illustration that does not make sense.

When we undergo laser hair removal, the energy might get to the base of the follicle or maybe not. Sometimes the energy is not even absorbed. This hair removal method has an illustration that is only partially accurate as the wavelength might or might not get absorbed into the tissue.

Yes, what is missing is electrolysis. Here, we can reach all levels of the dermis, where the activity needs to take place for permanent hair removal.

Illustrations can be helpful in understanding what happens in the tissue but in this case, it is not giving us the full picture.

Thank you for posting it. I am interested in seeing what is being posted throughout the internet regarding hair removal.

Can you PLEASE tell me where one can buy a REAL electrolysis machine for $200, as you stated? I cannot afford any more than that.

Thanks,

Carly

Funny you should ask…
Kree Imperial