vaniqua being discontinued in the uk

I was diagnosed with pcos in 2002 and lived with the symptoms until it got on top of me a few yrs back my gp told me to go away and loose weight i lost 1 and a half stone and my symptoms persisted so she eventually prescribed me vaniqua it has definately made things better it makes the hair finer and it doesn’t grow bk as quick.

I went to get my prescription today and was told they are dis continuing it. I am near enough in tears here i know it sounds stupid but i had to keep on and on at my gp for this cream and now i feel i am back to square one. Anyone else been prescribed this and found the same problem?

Vaniqa is expensive and all it does it make the hair grow a bit slower. You should really consider investing that money into permanent hair removal like laser and electrolysis (depending on the area and type of hair). You can find out more information on the laser and electrolysis sections of this forum.

Are you on medication for PCOS such as Spiro or even birth control ilke Yasmine which also decrease hair growth?

Aw that sucks. But I agree that your money can now go to better options. I looked into Vaniqa and found that it was ridiculously expensive. You could get a full clearance with electrolysis in some areas for less than one thing of Vaniqa!

I’m sorry it has been discontinued.

Can you ask for electrolysis on the NHS as you have PCOS?

Canada and the United Kingdom have government controlled national health care. Vaniqa is too expensive, so I am assuming they have discontinued Vaniqa for the cost reason. Totally taking away the freedom of the consumer to purchase this on their own if they so desire, is disgusting. Government interference in such matters is why the majority of the people in the United States have told their representatives to start over with health care reform. We don’t want this lack of choice and censorship here. If you earn money, then YOU should have the choice to buy a product and not be dependent on a government board to make those decisions for you. If I’m wrong here, then educate me, someone, about what is going on in Canada and the UK regarding Vaniqa. What are they going to ban next? Electrolysis? I do believe electrolysis is paid for in the UK, but it is only for transgender care. Have I been told incorrect information?

Dee

I order mine from Canadadrugs.com
They have a generic and it’s cheaper!