Vaniqa significantly reducing facial hair

I got the encouraging note below in August:

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> Had the annual meeting with my endocrinologist. He looks like Sam Waterston :smile: and continues to be impressed by how well Vaniqa has worked in eliminating my facial hair. He suggested that, inasmuch as the biological source of most of my testosterone is gone, I should be able to cease Vaniqa without resurgence.

I stopped using any Vaniqa at all above the jawline five days ago. After a month, if the facial hair doesn’t return, I’ll stop using it altogether (lower neck and right below my chin, the only places where any hairs grow, and those quite fine). I am hoping - for my sake and for the sakes of those who follow - that it does turn out to be permanent. If it is, what a breakthrough!!! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>

A follow-up in November from the same client:

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> I stopped all but a small amount at base of neck for a month. Cheeks are totally clear and have requred no Vaniqua for many months, but when I saw some minor but perceptible growth after 30 days I resumed. Now, oddly, growth is slower than ever; two hairs plucked / day average. Go figure. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>

Vaniqa has been wonderful. It has reduced the hair growth tremendously. However, when I ran out of the first tube, I went without it for 2 wks before refilling the prescription and noticed the increase in hair growth. I never miss a day of using it.

Can someone fill me in please? If the hair is treatable permanently by electrolysis, why use vaniqa?

[ April 18, 2004, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: yb ]

Because Vaniqa is almost free if you have insurance, while electrolysis costs a lot of money!

Maybe I should start using it again?

From the reader who sent the original letter:

FYI, a quick update. On 22 August, about fifty days ago, I decided to drop to one application per day. Maintaining that level. Have noticed absolutely no increase in hair density or vigor. Still vellous.