Vaniqa and Wrinkles (Collagen?)

I have been using Vaniqa for the past 3-4 months and seem to have had successful results detering the dark hairs on my chin. I still have residual peach fuzz, which does not want to respond to the Vaniqa. I am 51, and have noticed that within the same period of time, the wrinkles have increased dramatically in the areas on my upper lip and chin where I have been applying Vaniqa. It could be (a) my imagination, (b)new appearance of accumulated sun damage at the end of another summer unrelated to the Vaniqa, © interaction of the Vaniqa with previously sun damaged skin, (d) just that time that I’m growing wrinkles, or maybe (e) a side effect that Vaniqa has a negative effect on the elastisity of the facial skin and collagen… that may not have been documented yet.

Does anyone else have any personal experience or information about this?

Hi Elana–

I’m glad to hear the Vaniqa seems to be helping with the hair.

As far as wrinkles, there’s nothing in the published literature or prescribing information about Vaniqa affecting wrinkles, but it hasn’t been out for long. It’s probably not related, but it can’t be ruled out. Sorry there are no more specifics!

I have been using Vaniqa for approximately 5 months and I haven’t noticed any changes in my skin. I’m 32 and use sunscreen daily, so I don’t really have any wrinkles anywhere yet…I’ll post if I notice any changes or get any additional information on the subject.

I have been very happy with my results from using Vaniqa…I’ll be really disappointed if it turns out to be not only slowing hair growth, but also speeding up the aging process of my skin. :frowning:

[ November 21, 2002, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: dragonfly ]

Has anyone noticed results with the blonde hair on the chin using vaniqa or does the “peach fuzz” not respond with most people like in Elana’s case? I have mixed dark and blonde hairs on my chin. Some may be peach fuzz, but some is thick, coarse blonde hair. I wonder if the coarse blonde hair will respond with vaniqa. Results don’t have to do with pigment do they? What about thickness?
It is so nice to learn from people on this forum. It really gives me hope.
alli

I have a lot of blonde facial hair and peach fuzz. I’ve been using Vaniqa for 8 months, twice a day but I have seen no improvement at all.

for vaniqa to work you must remove the hair before applying it regardless of whether it is peach fuzz or not. it does not work if u do not remove the hair.