URGENT: Treatment ineffective?

Ive treated my legs about 4 times, my arms over 6 times. While I do see that hair is reduced in thickness, I dont see any areas with no hair.

Also, hair seems to be getting thicker and thicker very very slowly… I wonder if treatment did not work?

shall I try a different laser? I have white skin and very coarse black hair and I was treated with an Epitouch Alexandrite.

Please help, I want to know if I should continue treatment or not

Hi there,

It’s been 3 months since my 7th full-arm treatment, and I would say that a majority of the hair still exists. However, most of it is now lighter and finer, reducing the overall thickness and color of the hair (from black to light brown).

My experience has been that the hairs do grow back over the course of 3-4 months (3 months after my last treatment, I still have some hairs starting to grow). Luckily most of the hairs have grown back in their lighter state, so it’s not a big deal.

As far as expecting no-hair… I don’t know if that’s possible. It seems that hairs become lighter and finer after every treatment… so at some point, they are no longer affected by the laser.

For me, I’ll go to my 8th treatment… maybe a 9th touchup… then call it good. I just wanted to be normal, I never wanted to totally get rid of the hair.

Hope this helps,

Vulpes

This is the kind of news that I was waiting for(Bad News)… Laser just doesn’t work at all.
RJC2001, what can you said about this vulpes news? He was one of our hopes.

Vulpes,
Can you send pictures about your hands and legs.
I will appreciate.

Thanks, we are near to the end.

I’ll post updated pics on the webpage before my next treatment:

http://www.geocities.com/vulpes

I meant to say that, in my experience, the laser has not actually stopped most hairs… instead it has them lighter and less coarse. For me, that’s what I wanted, so I’m happy I invested in laser.

Everyones results are different, but I wouldn’t advise someone looking for 100% hair removal to expect too much from laser. I would, on the other hand, recommend it for those wanting to thin out, reduce, and lighten their hair. :smile:

Hope this clears it up,

Vulpes

I had my arms treated with laser about 5 years ago. Like you, the hair grew back much lighter and much thinner. That was 5 years ago so I would say that these results are permenant. With the Aurora on my face I am hoping for the same reults or better with less pain, no down time and possibly removal of some hair and not just a thinning. I agree with you about wanting to look “normal” and not needing to be hairless, and I’m hopeful that with the Aurora I will have to sacrifice a lot, lot less to achieve those results. So far so good. In fact I’m shocked that it’s working so well. I should also add that while electrolysis may offer possible hairless results, it seems like the amount of treatments it takes and the pain it causes is often prohibitive. For small areas maybe, but for larger ones it seems like you would be making a mistake to not start with a laser or IPL.

I had my arms treated with laser about 5 years ago. Like you, the hair grew back much lighter and much thinner. That was 5 years ago so I would say that these results are permenant. With the Aurora on my face I am hoping for the same reults or better with less pain, no down time and possibly removal of some hair and not just a thinning. I agree with you about wanting to look “normal” and not needing to be hairless, and I’m hopeful that with the Aurora I will have to sacrifice a lot, lot less to achieve those results. So far so good. In fact I’m shocked that it’s working so well. I should also add that while electrolysis may offer possible hairless results, it seems like the amount of treatments it takes and the pain it causes is often prohibitive. For small areas maybe, but for larger ones it seems like you would be making a mistake to not start with a laser or IPL.

Vulpes, I don’t recall which laser you were treated with. The link did not work when I clicked on it.

Maybe your practitioner backed off too much on the fluence after you were burned on the first treatment.

Over what period of time did you have these treatments?

My experience with Laser and Aurora is that any hair that does not come back after two months is not coming back. Period.

Different people will respond to the laser to varying degrees. If I remember right you had light skin and dark hair.

It is my opinion that laser fluences under 40J are not very effective for hair removal, at least for me. I had best results at 45J with the Lightsheer and if I continued with it we would have tested at 50J to see if I could tolerate it. I had one treatment on my arms at 28J and it was like nothing ever happened. I was retreated at 45J with better results. The 28J was done with a different practitioner who was filling in for my regular one. She has more experience now and is probably doing better. There is no substitute for experience and skill.

I would be very disappointed if most of the hair came back on the treated areas. For me only 5-10% has come back and I am not stopping until it is all gone.

Some of the stragglers I got treated with electrolysis with very good results also. Some of those were white hairs that the laser missed. I did have some white hairs fall out after Aurora treatments too. That never happened with the lasers. But I got a lot of the white hairs with electrolysis so I have to credit both methods.

RJC2001

hey guys,
i just wanted to add my 2cents worth.
1st off this is an amazing forum!!! thanks to everyone who contributes.
without going into too much detail i’ve had several treatments with laser-http://www.geocities.com/anomie1976/- and after departing with a reasonable amount of $$$ i will now be opting for electrolysis.hopefully this will be a better investment!
:confused:

oops

hey guys,
i just wanted to add my 2cents worth.
1st off this is an amazing forum!!! thanks to everyone who contributes.
without going into too much detail i’ve had several treatments with laser- http://www.geocities.com/anomie1976/ - and after departing with a reasonable amount of $$$ i will now be opting for electrolysis.hopefully this will be a better investment!

Hey, I just checked out your photos and am confused. It looks like the laser worked great for you, is there a photo that I’m not seeing or something I’m missing?

hair growth has been “reduced”,i give you that, and in that respect it’s great(however the lighting in some of the latter pics is abit sketchy) but what i wanted people to see-those considering LHR or others- is that hair still grows back,and yes, in some places much finer and unfortunetly in others alittle darker, which to me is a real bummer!
so off to electrolysis…