Upper lip scabbing

Hello everyone,

I just had 50 min of upper lip electrolysis. I took pics of my skin just after the session.

And those pics are 24 hours after there is some scabbing and two or three very small white pimple. Is the reaction normal? (The scabbing is a little bit redder in real life)

Thank you very much

Normal

Thank you, I was scarred about the risk of scars

Scabbing is pinpoint within a normal range. Hyperpigmentation will fade. Your skin will heal just fine.

At this point, I have hundreds of personal emails that illustrate the fear clients have with upper-lip treatment … and they always see everything post-treatment as a SCAR. What should happen?

Every electrologist should have a little “hand-out” that explains how scars happen in clear physiological terms. I mean, we can just copy it off the internet. Check it out: how scars happen.

Then, every post-treatment manifestation should be clearly discussed in simple terms … and an explanation of what real over-treatment looks like. We should also be very receptive to speaking with the client after the treatment. Why not give them a phone call the next day to check on them? One simple phone call can eliminate all the stress and fear … and make life easier for the electrologist. A post-op phone call should be part of an electrologist’s routine.

Indeed, after-care products and routines are important. However, the best “after care” is when the client knows what to expect and NEVER finds herself in panic mode. Knowledge is King (or Queen if you prefer).

2 Likes

Thanks, the scabbing is gone I just have some hyperpigmentation because of my skin tone

Sorry for the late answer. Yes upper lip scarring is very scary. I wanted to ask her if the scabbing was normal, but since I do it in France and I saw so many over treatment I was scared she didn’t mind or something like that.
For the after care she told me to put ice the first days and sunscreen when I go out.

Thanks

Your photos are perfectly fine and not going to be a problem. I did, however, break out in a sweat when I saw you had work right under the nose … DAMN that HURTS! (looks fine though).

1 Like

Thank you very much, do you think it’s normal if some scab turn like a painful pimple but no whitehead?

Haha I’m not going to lie, I had a lot of tears but it’s worth it!

The healing skin does a lot of “strange things.” You can download a couple free booklets on the subject that might answer your questions. Just go to my website and click on “Free downloads click here” The green text at the top. I removed the top hairs on my mustache and I did a lot more than “tears.” I had a vocabulary I never thought I knew! www.electrologynow.com … everything is free.