Upper lip electrolysis

Hi. I am a practicing electrologist, fully qualified for the last 3 years. I would be very grateful if those of you out there who are much more experienced than I am, please could help me with an issue I have. A client of mine comes to me for removal of upper lip hair. Her hair is not very thick but dense with a lot of fine hairs. I use the miltiplex setting on my Apilus using a strong current. Some of the hairs come out very well, whereas several are being plucked. I’m hesitant to switch to blend due to the length of time it takes. But I am going to try that next time as some of these hairs just refuse to be released otherwise. Some of these hairs get plucked as if there has been no impact by electrolysis at all. I can see that some of these hairs have distorted follicles due to their direction of growth. However I’m just not that happy about using blend on the upper lip due to the level of discomfort as well as the higher chance of skin damage. Am I correct in my reasoning, and does anyone have any advice please?

Another question is about positioning. I’m interested to know whether you prefer to stand behind the client or to sit when providing electrolysis on this area.

A Kelly tip .003" Probe is your answer.

Thank you very much for the rapid response. I have only used Ballet and Pro tec probes. I will order the probes you mentioned. Hopefully this will rectify the issue.

Message me a postal address and we’ll send you a sample assortment at no cost. There are a pair of the Kelly 3’s in the assortments.

Thank you so very much. I am new contributor to hairtell even though I have been reading messages on the site since I started electrolysis. I can’t seem to find how to send a private message so I will send a copy of this message and my address to you via your website. Hopefully that will work. Thanks again.

Very good Surrey. Message received and sample assortments will leave immediately. Expect about 10 days transit time.

Thank you. That’s excellent!! I will let you know how I get on with them.

Welcome to Hairtell Surrey!

I prefer sitting. I position the client and the light so it suits me. Always protect yourself and practice good ergonomic behaviors or you won’t last in this profession. Dectro has some great continuing education videos on positioning that you can purchase. Purchase quality surgical loupes. That will help you sit straight and insert accurately.

Thank you so much for the reply Dee. It’s a pleasure to chat with you. I am constantly on Hairtell and have picked up excellent and invaluable information. I have recently bought loupes but am just trying to get used to them. Yes posture is a bit of an issue with me. I easily lapse into bad habits. That is something I MUST control. I will also look into getting the videos you mentioned. Thanks for the advice Dee.

Thank you so much for the reply Dee. It’s a pleasure to chat with you. I am constantly on Hairtell and have picked up excellent and invaluable information. I have recently bought loupes but am just trying to get used to them. Yes posture is a bit of an issue with me. I easily lapse into bad habits. That is something I MUST control. I will also look into getting the videos you mentioned. Thanks for the advice Dee. Another question please. Can you let me know which is a good Facebook page to join. I have come across Electrology International on some of the posts. But can’t seem to find that page on Facebook.