Update electrolysis progress on chin

Hi guys,
I thought I would update you guys on my electrolysis progress.
I’ve had 4 appointments now and the pictures are from before my first and my fourth appointment.
1 (3-12-22): 1 hour, chin wasn’t fully cleared
14 days
2 (17-12-22): 45 min, chin was fully cleared
12 days
3 (29-12-22): 25 min, chin fully cleared (different electrologist, same company, didn’t like her)
30 days
4 (28-1-23): 30 min, chin fully cleared

Here’s before
before first1
before first2

Here’s after 4 weeks of growth after my third appointment.

I feel like I see progress here, even though it’s not a full hair growth cycle, what do you guys think?

Super good! There are more NEW hairs to come, so don’t give up. The first 4-6 months is the hardest. Stay close to your electrologist. Get cleared every 6 weeks. Heal. Then do it all over again. Hair grows in cycles and you can’t possibly be finished before 12 months. It will be more like 18 months, but the amount of hair should be greatly reduced. Stay on a schedule as your practitioner suggests. No tweezing or pulling of the hair should be felt. If you feel a tug during your session, give your electrologist feedback. The hair will return if you feel tugging.

1 Like

Thanks Deedra, for the advice. I’m clearing every two weeks for now. The remaining time is used for my upper lip (we only do the thickest and most annoying hairs there to thin it out, to prevent scars and because it’s so painful) and some hairs on my chest and a mole. I prefer shorter sessions on the chin over longer sessions so this works great for me this far. I don’t think I’ll have a problem with keeping up for the first 4-6 months, because the benefits are already huge. I’m enjoying my smooth chin after the sessions when everything is cleared and the swelling is gone and I’ve got way less ingrown hairs. If I had to do this for the rest of my live it would be fine, because shaving every other day is the worst. I’m so happy I started this, it makes live a lot easier not having to plan when to shave with social plans and stuff.
And added bonus, my boyfriend is happy with it to, he never made a problem about the hairs but wasn’t a fan of the prickling feeling.

I’m happy for you. You may need short touch ups here 1-4 times per year if you are a hormonally vulnerable woman IF you leave hair behind that could have been treated. You were born with only a certain amount of hair follicles in those areas, so pretty soon you will run out of hair follicles to treat. I like to clear the hair, but some people don’t feel comfortable doing that, which is okay because they know their equipment and its limits. Keep the faith and move forward until you are satisfied.

1 Like

So I guess it’s time for an update.
20 days ago I went in for a session and I again almost felt no pain, like the session before. I’ve been eating keto and drink way less alcohol, so I think this might be a reason for that. Less inflammation because of no sugar means less pain? Also the skin reaction is very mild afterwards.
My next appointment is in 16 days (36 days total because of vacations). This is a long time for me so I decided to try another electrologist in the meantime. We decided to try blend. She warned me of more pain and more redness and stuff. But again pain was very tolerable. I’ve got some whiteheads now and my skin is a bit swollen, but it’s not as bad as she warned me for.
Questions:

• she puts the needle in for 10s then removes the hair and leaves the needle in for another 2s. Is this normal for blend? What’s the benefit?
  • Is it true that blend should make the skin react more than thermolysis?
  • She said I should choose between 2 electrologists instead of combining, how do you guys feel about this?
  • She says scabs are normal with blend (my reaction is worse but only 2 scabs luckily), is this true?

@Deedra @fenix @Hairadicator @Iluv2zap
I thought I should tag you guys because the title of this thread doesn’t suggest questions:-)

1. Progressive epilation: benefit? Theoretically, a more effective treatment, although NOT proven.
  2. Skin reaction is due to individual response, NOT the modality.
  3. Only ONE electrologist unless both are working on you at the same time in the same facility.
  4. Scabbing is unrelated to the modality.

Hairadicator answered all questions well.
Adding DC current after hair is removed is textbook method in Blend. Some do it, some don’t. I do it on coarse hairs. Extra few seconds of lye don’t hurt to kill that hair.
As for choosing electrologists, you have to stick to one so you can track progress and allow electrologist to track their work as well. Stay with one for 4-6 months and see if your treatment time starts to decrease. If you’re not seeing changes then switch to another one.