Underlying reasons for bad treatment?

Hi all,

I’m going to be getting some tx done again tomorrow. It’s been 2 months or so since my last electrolysis appointment.

I feel like I’ve experienced nearly 100% regrowth, but on the other hand that could be hyperbole.

I’ve read on Hairtell that once you zap a hair it’s gone forever.

But is that how it goes? Or do most electrologists need to zap a hair repeatedly?

If you zap a hair follicle with the right balance of energy (intensity and timing) and the insertion is precise enough, then yes, that follicle is done forever.

The problem is, how does one determine if the hair you are seeing is the same hair that was zapped a couple months ago? There can be groups of two or three follicles located within microns of each other and they are not all growing hairs at the same time. So, you might think there is 100% regrowth, but what you may be seeing is new growth from the follicles that were dormant a couple months ago.

ah i see, ty Dee

This may be one of Josefa’s pictures, but this illustrates perfectly what I am trying to 'splain Lucy!

Mmm yummy and delicious. I love seeing clear explanations and it doesn’t get much better than that!!!

Dee, I love the 'splain Lucy. I wonder if any of the kids on here know what we’re talking about? (A “kid” is anybody under 50.)

Sadly, Universal Studios Hollywood just closed the “I Love Lucy” studio because nobody knows who they were any more. Nobody visits (I did and was alone in the place, made me cry a little).

Hard to believe, but even Justin Bieber will, some day, be totally forgotten. That’s the way it is … I’ve already forgotten. What a “class act?”

Also, those of us with decades of electrolysis experience can evaluate when they (or someone) has gotten a “ton” of regrowth. One big tip-off is seeing lots on ingrown hairs or returning hairs growing out of inflamed (formerly treated) follicles.

I had one of Dee’s clients last month and probably the reason Dee says “you can’t tell very well,” is because she most likely never sees “regrowth” on HER clients. I got to see her work … there was ZERO regrowth; not even one … on a whole back. (I can’t do that.)

About 6-months ago a client from another part of the country presented me with countless “regrowing hairs” from “stinky — naughty” electrolysis. Yeah, I could tell the difference.

Dee, I love the 'splain Lucy. I wonder if any of the kids on here know what we’re talking about? Sadly, Universal Studios Hollywood just closed the “I Love Lucy” studio because nobody knows who they were any more. Nobody visits (I did and was alone in the place, made me cry a little).

Hard to believe, but even Justin Bieber will, some day, be totally forgotten. That’s the way it is … I’ve already forgotten. What a “class act?”

Also, those of us with decades of electrolysis experience can evaluate when they (or someone) has gotten a “ton” of regrowth. One big tip-off is seeing lots on ingrown hairs or returning hairs growing out of inflamed (formerly treated) follicles.

I had one of Dee’s clients last month and probably the reason Dee says “you can’t tell very well,” is because she most likely never sees “regrowth” on her clients. I got to see her work … there was ZERO regrowth; not even one. (I can’t do that.)

About 6-months ago a client from another part of the country presented me with countless “regrowing hairs” from “stinky/naughty” electrolysis. Yeah, I could tell the difference.