Underarm hair reduction

I want to reduce my underarm hair by about 50%. I have too much of it, but I don’t want to get rid of it all. How do I do this so the hair growth isn’t patchy and weird? I can go for fewer sessions spaced far apart, but is there some actual technique for even reduction?

You can reduce your underarm’s hair pattern without getting it patchy or weird thanks to a skilled electrologist.

Have one full “clearance” of your underarms by someone who knows what she’s doing. With local anesthetic, or if you can tolerate a “high/fast” current, this should be no more than, say, ±3 hours (for both/women).

After this clearance, on unshaven and unwaxed hair, i.e. fully grown out, you will have and EVEN 50% reduction. This is the most simple and predictable area on the body. Never hormone related: what you have is what you have, and that’s it.

Have one full “clearance” of your underarms by someone who knows what she’s doing. With local anesthetic, or if you can tolerate a “high/fast” current, this should be no more than, say, about 3 hours (for both underarms on women).

After this clearance, on unshaven and unwaxed hair, i.e. fully grown out, you will have an EVEN 50% reduction. This is the most simple and predictable area on the body. Never hormone related: what you have is what you have, and that’s it.

I couldn’t have said it better. I totally agree with your advice, Michael.

Thank you Michael. I do have hormonal hair elsewhere, so I thought some of it might be hormonal or at least age related because there is more of it than there used to be at, say, age 20. I will ask my (excellent) electrologist when I next see her. I had no idea of how long it might take.

I will try to post a lovely photo of it. It’s not the best photo though.

I was also surprised to learn that the underarms and back of the neck are not affected by hormones.

How long would you have to grow out the underarm hair for before one clearance gives you a 50 % reduction?