Underarm Electrolysis taking too long

Hello,

I am doing electrolysis for the first time and after 3 hours, my electrologist was able to remove this much hair from 1 underarm only. I feel like this is much too slow especially since they are charging $135/hour. Am I being overcharged or would other electrologists also have taken 3 hours to remove less than half the hair of 1 underarm? I have attached a picture for reference. This was done using the blended modality. Thank you

As a consumer, I would not find this amount of work acceptable, especially considering the hourly rate. As an electrologist, I would expect to clear the whole area in under three hours based on this picture.

Traditional blend is slower per hair, which is probably why this electrologist needed three hours.

1 Like

About long do you estimate clearance of this whole underarm should have taken? Do you think I have any chance of receiving a partial refund?

I would estimate it at around two hours for myself. Each electrologist is different, and some take much longer than others. I doubt you’ll get any refund.

Speed and progress is one of those topics that’s very subjective and difficult for electrologists to talk about since it’s all based on individual skill, experience, different hair densities and the type of modality used. The industry does not have established measurable standards, so there is that factor too.

What I can tell you from personal experience, you should track regrowth after the clearances. Speed doesn’t matter much if regrowth of treated hair is high. Say you found an electrologist who clears your pits in 1 hour but needs 5 more hours to treat the same regrowing hairs, so you don’t end up saving money in the end.

1 Like