ultra hair away

here’s my deal. i have been through one bottle of ultra hair away with very minimal results if any at all. i have been tentative about ordering more so i figured i’d just by the 3 bottle deal and then just send em all back if i didnt get results. so i said to myself i better make sure i have the phone number to this company before i order $100+ worth of spray. turns out the phone number on the website is disconnected, so i looked around the internet for more info on victoriabodyworks. thats when i discovered this website. i have seen sceptical remarks and “not so sure” remarks as well. please share your story about ultra hair away with me before i waste more money or waste more time. any information on the company and the results are greatly appreciated. thanks

Hi Joe–

Ultra Hair Away is one of the most disreputable companies I have ever seen in the field of hair removal.

Like Kalo and other topical “hair inhibitors,” they make all sorts of claims that they haven’t backed up with proof. The people running this scam are real bottom-feeders who seem to think it’s OK to sell false hope to people. They have heavily targeted bodybuilders (one of the perpetrators appears to be a rugby player). Personally, I don’t think I’d focus my energies on ripping off a bunch of people who lift weights for hours a day, but they decided to.

I wouldn’t send a other dime to these guys if I were you.

Hairfacts: Ultra Hair Away (WARNING!)

thanks andrea -
the thing is i really would like to keep going with it as long as i can get my money back for the order. i know that it’s takin a chance by buying it but i think it’s worth it if i can see some results. have you ever tried it? if anyone has please share your story with me. i think i might reorder because i found a new number to contact the company that actually is the shipping and refund center. as long as i feel strongly about getting the money back, i think it may be a good idea to continue. i’m not looking for permanent results anyway, i’m just looking for results. again thanks for any info and for listening.

Save your money. I have tried similar products, Hair No More, and UHA Sport. They are scams. Hair No More also sells a depilatory that does remove hair but is no better than shaving. Results sure didn’t last a week from the depilatory like they claimed.

Don’t let the refund offer give you a false sense of security. There may be fine print that makes it nearly impossible to get a refund. How long is the refund period? With other hair removal products, people have found refunds almost impossible to get.

So buyer beware. $100 is a lot to spend on something with no proven record of results, temporary or permanent.

RJC2001

Hi Joe–

Below is why money-back guarantees are often a sign of a quack product. I wrote this for a piece on Kalo, but the same is true here. I think Ultra Hair Away is an extremely disreputable company, and I wouldn’t trust them for anything.

Ultra Hair Away is bad news.

Money-back guarantee

Picture this: You see a professional-looking ad on television or the internet with Testimonials (see above) with everyday people claiming how wonderful this new product is. You think, “Wow, it worked great for them, and it’s not that much-- I should order. Besides, they say I can get my money back if I’m not satisfied.”
You cannot fail to lose, right?
Actually, THEY cannot fail to lose.
There are three ways a quack company can win with a money-back guarantee:

1. Count on low rate of returns
    Market research shows that very few of us actually bother to ask for our money back on a substandard product. The time and hassle is apparently too much for most of us. Con artists know this too and use the money-back guarantee knowing most people will most likely throw their product in the trash when it does not work.
  2. Make the terms of refund impossible
    Other fraudsters won’t leave anything to chance. They may offer a money-back guarantee, but then tell you must use the product for several months to see if there are any results. In several months time, their web site and contact details may no longer be valid. Alternatively, they may add clauses to the money back guarantee. Perhaps you must use the product following instructions to the letter. When the product fails to work the seller may claim you did not follow the instructions properly and so you forfeit any right to your money back. Some even give impossible packing instructions that void the guarantee if not followed to the letter. Of course, some of the worst ones may simply ignore your demands for your money back.
    For more, check out:
    Scams 101: Anatomy of a worthless guarantee
  3. Still make money even with high returns
    Let’s do the math.
    Let’s say “Brand X” costs $20 plus $10 shipping and handling. Since this product is made with cheap, low-grade ingredients, there is little or no cost to make it and they only pay for packaging and promotion, probably about $5.00 in total per unit. They’re even making a little extra on the shipping (let’s say $5).
    OK, so now they’re clearing $25.00 a bottle. That’s why these companies can offer commissions of $5 to $10 per bottle to people who do the selling for them. The makers still get $15 to $20 profit every time someone else does the selling for them, and they just have to convince other people they’ll make $10 every time someone clicks an ad on their website. Some even have tiered commission rates for recruiting other salespeople, which is just a kind of pyramid scheme. Soon, thousands of sites all have banner ads for an amazing new permanent hair removal spray.
    Typical response rates on sales pitches are 1% to 2%, so if they only get 2000 visitors a day (which is extremely low), they’re making 20 to 40 sales. That’s $500 to $1000 in profit, per day, from a little website.
    Now then, for arguments sake, let’s say that “Brand X” is absolutely terrible, but they honor their guarantee. 50% of the clients return the product, and they all get their money back.
    Even in this absolute worst-case scenario, “Brand X” is still clearing $12.50 per bottle and making $250 to $500 in profit per day for a very small operation.
    Some people would do a lot worse things than sell scam hair removal products for that kind of money.
    One of the biggest hair removal scammers made $75 million in one year. The smaller quacks are happy to make even a tiny faction of that.
    Greed is a very powerful force in some people’s lives, and a very corrupting one, too. Heck, there have been a few fleeting moments when I sit in my small apartment and think about how easy it would be to make millions ripping people off with some unproven product. Even a well-intentioned quack who thinks their product truly works often starts getting the money and starts making even more extravagant claims to make more sales.
    Some even claim to have invented a spray that permanently gets rid of hair forever. That’s a claim that is simply not supported by any published scientific evidence.

hey, just wanted to say that Kalo is not very cheap. $25 for the lotion and $30something for the spray. $50-something for the two pack. but who charges $10 shipping and handling? kalo didnt, noone would charge that much i wouldnt think. and which company made oveer $75 million? just wondering if you would mind sharing the specifics.

jon, my example was just hypothetical, to show why money-back guarantees are a win-win for the manufacturer. That’s why some companies will even offer double or triple your money back.

Don’t get hung up on the exact numbers I used-- they’re for illustrating the fact that these companies make tons of money per unit even if half the consumers ask for a refund (which never, ever happens).

The company that made $75 million in 1998 was Tactica International, maker of IGIA Epil-Stop and other hair removal products, according to Gina Gladwell in her 1999 article, “The 25 most innovative people in DRTV.” (In case you don’t know, DRTV stands for Direct Response Television.) The article apeared in a trade publication put out by the Direct Marketing Association, a powerful trade group that lobbies for the rights of telemarketers, infomercial makers, junk mailers, and spammers.

Ironically, money-back guarantees are more often than not a red flag.

hey guys-
the amount of time stated on the website for the guarantee is ninety days, and there wasn’t any fine print either. i know i should be sceptical and i definitely am. i just think that it might actually be a legit product because it doesn’t offer permanent results and even states that the effect of the treatment will only be maintained if you continue to apply it twice a month afterwards. i have seen this product for a while and it has been “upgraded” and “intensified” from it’s original, Hair Away. I remember seeing ads for it 2-3 years ago. i dont know i just would really like to hear from someone who actually has had an experience with Ultra Hair Away, instead of relating to other products. Besides, i have read several people’s stories on this site about how they are experiencing some results. some is better than none right?

Hi Joe–

The reason they don’t say “permanent hair removal” in ads any more is because a lot of people, myself included, have got the feds on the cases of these charlatans.

Save your money. Seriously It’s a scam run by real sleazebags. All these hair inhibitor scams work the same, so one is as good as another if you want to send them your money. Kalo, Ultra Hair Away, Derma Nude, Hair no More, take your pick. none of them have proven their claims with scientific data.

so is that it? no one on this site has ever tried ultra hair away? i had really hoped to get a few opinions on the product from people who have at least used it. oh well, thanks anyway to anyone that wrote but i was looking for some real life testimonials.

Joe, ultra hair away is exactly like kalo. The active ingredient in both of them is papain.

Joe, ultra hair away is exactly like kalo. The active ingredient ib both of them is papain.

well how has papain worked for you? i’ve heard several people on this site say that kalo does create results (whether permanent or not)

Joe, you are welcome to spend more money on these products, but I’m here to tell you it’s the same stuff in a different bottle, and that both companies make claims that have no scientific merit whatsoever.

Thanks you so much for your information on this hairaway scam. I had been totally suckered in by their hype on the website - desperation to believe anything I guess - and was seriously planning to part with my hard earned cash to buy some of it. I think I will take my money to a jewellery store instead and buy a nice pair of ear-rings!
thanks again for saving me!
By the way - just love your site! i have been looking around the internet for information on laser therapy recently, and most sites are marketing the treatment, so of course are somewhat biased. It is great to get some honest unbiased information and to hear about other peoples experiences with lasers.
:stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks again.

Glad I could help out, Fleabag! Keep chacking back-- we have some great contributors here who can help you learn more about laser.

Enjoy your new earrings! :grin:

im gonna get my frickin money back