Ugh, sick of this

Hello everyone.

This is my first time-ish posting on the forum even though I’ve been reading posts here for several years!

I’m Japanese and sick of this hairy body. Since I was little, I was conscious about my hairiness. As soon as I reached my puberty, my lower legs, inner & back of my thighs, bikini/genital area, and of course underarms got hairier. In Japan, it is rare for women to have coarse body hair. Even if you have fine hair on your arms, you need to remove the hair. When I was in middle school, boys used to tease me of my hairy arms. They used to say “She is from jungle! A wild animal!” I was really hurt by that and wondered what they would say once they saw my unshaved legs.I always wore high socks when I wore a uniform skirt. I stopped wearing skirts when I started going to school in New York since there was no school uniform. I stopped going to the beaches when I was in college. When I shaved, there were black spots. When I waxed, I got crazy ingrowns.

Now I’m back in Japan feeling so conscious about my hairiness. When I take the train with a short-sleeve shirt on, I see people staring at my arms. But luckily, this coming January, I will start going to grad school in New York. While I’m there, I will get laser treatments! Even though it will hit me hard financially since I cannot work legally with a student visa, I will get treatments anyway! I want to change! I want to be more confident! I want to wear skirts! I want to go to the beaches every summer!

Well, thank you for reading till the end. Sorry I just kept on writing!

I feel for you, and hope you achieve your goals.

Just a question, when you are out in the sun, do you tan, or do you burn?

Hi James! Thanks for replying!

I usually get tanned. I think I’m type III or IV. My legs are paler because I haven’t exposed them for years.

Then while you are probably able to get LASER for legs, and arms, I would point out that if you will be in New York you would have a great chance of getting electrolysis with a large list of potential practitioners, and could even get a partner or 5 to do work on each other in a DIY situation. If you go with work done non-professionally, start with legs and work your way up so that as the difficulty of the follicles increases, so has your ability to do the work. :wink:

I’ve been to Arlene Batz. If I ever do electrolysis again, I will go to her. She was wonderful and very professional at the same time very friendly and kind. But my money ran out so I stopped going to her. I will go back to her after seeing substantial reduction of hair from laser.

I cannot wait to be in New York! Actually, I will be visiting New York next week. I will start looking for laser salons.