UggsO(∩_∩)O

Since a few famous celebrities were pictured on magazine pages wearing a strange sheepskin boot, Ugg boots or “Uggs” have shot to the top tier of the fashion stakes. This is quite a feat for an item that at first look belongs to another age. But the growing popularity of this type of footwear means that cheap Uggs are readily available now and you too can be sure to stand out in a street full of people.In order to understand the look of the Ugg boot we first need to understand where they originated from. It is not known exactly where and when the first boot hit the streets but they were already a fixture of rural life among the sheep farmers of Australia and New Zealand back in the early part of the twentieth century. Australian pilots during the First World War also used them to insulate their feet when flying in sub-zero temperatures at altitude.
Nowadays in those countries “Ugg” has become a generic term as much as “shoe” so that no one company there can attain a patent. In the US and elsewhere this is not the case, where, in fact, the Deckers Outdoor Corporation holds the trademark for over one hundred countries…
cheap ugg boots
ugg short boot
classic short uggs

UGGS! These are probably the most horrible item I’ve ever seen women wear. “Ugg” is right. Can you imagine Audrey Hepburn in Uggs? Actually, in California, these abominations are now “officially” out of style! They will not be missed.

I’m with you on that one Mike, I can’t think of many things quite so unsightly as someone walking along on the side of their uggs where they’ve collapsed. I don’t understand fashion, I personally think it has something to do with people being a little like the sheep that they skin to create these abominations. I’m still waiting for my own style (I use that term very loosely) to come into fashion, I’m constantly running out of breath on that one :slight_smile:

Well, if I may be sexist for a minute …

See, it’s women who have LEGS! I think even women will admit that a woman’s legs are a most spectacular part of their body. Great legs should be seen, not covered up with Uggs. For men, well, legs? Most of us have horrible looking legs (even without hair). Even when a guy is in perfect shape, often the legs are pretty horrible.

I would even go so far as to make a law: any guy over, say, 20-years-old should not be allowed to wear shorts! Damn!

Picture it: a guy my age with a belly, a pink polo shirt and yellow shorts AND wearing loafers with no socks. (Oh, and lots of gold jewelry). Lovely skinny knobby legs. Kind of a “walking candy apple.”

And, this is one reason I don’t often like going to Palm Springs. (Folks in California will know what I’m talking about.) I’m with the Arabs on male fashion: cover the whole thing up with a “sheet.”

Normally, the original post would have been deleted. However, I like the negative twist these ugly ugg boots aRe getting. Spammers beware - it could turn ugly.

I almost spit out my mango nectarine when I read your post, Mike. My son dresses like you describe sometimes, as a joke, (I hope?). He says it attracts the chicks because they see it as a sign of confidence that a guy would dress like that.