Tweeznig effects

I heard that tweezing/waxing thins the hairs you pull out when they grow back in. Is this true?

I’m beginning to suspect that there may be some truth to that… either that, or I’m going blind. I’ve been waxing my legs, and am now noticing spots where I have to go over it with my hands to see where I’ve missed, except in the very brightest lighting, because the hair is still /there/ but doesn’t show up as dark as it used to. (I have dark hair and very pale skin–this is a novel thing, for me.)

Clinically? I believe the stock answer is that there’s no proof, and I’d say don’t expect it. If it seems to be happening for you… well, just enjoy it. And, personally, I’d avoid long-term plucking/waxing on any area where I thought I might someday want the hair back.

Hair growth changes due to plucking vary significantly by individual, and even by body area on the same person. There is almost no clinical data on this, so it’s very hard to say.

After your initial waxing, your hair will appear to be less, becuase only about one-third of your hair is growing at any given time. Many confuse this with a significant reduction in hair.

hi… i was juz wondering if after tweezing, would your hair grow longer than before or can tweeing damage hair roots and preenting them from growing any more

I think it can depend on which area of the body you tweeze the hair also.

Has anyone ever noticed that sometimes when you pluck,the little white follicle is still attached to the root of the hair and is plucked as well along with the hair itself.

I think hair grows back thinner when this happens. However it only happens on certain parts of the body and I can’t seem to do anything to encourage this to happen.

When the hair follicle doesn’t come out as well long with the hair, it seems the hair regrows thicker.

Can anyone corroborate on this?

I think it’s best to look at more professional advice on this, but I’ve heard that if you pluck the very fine (peach-fuzz style) hairs on face etc. they can actually start growing back as thicker, darker hairs! I’m pretty sure this is true of shaving, at least, because I’ve read of women who have shaved their faces and made them much hairier…

Has anyone ever noticed that sometimes when you pluck,the little white follicle is still attached to the root of the hair and is plucked as well along with the hair itself.

I think hair grows back thinner when this happens. However it only happens on certain parts of the body and I can’t seem to do anything to encourage this to happen.

When the hair follicle doesn’t come out as well long with the hair, it seems the hair regrows thicker.

Can anyone corroborate on this?

You cannot remove a follicle by tweezing. What you are seeing is the sheath that surrounds an anagen hair.