tweezing?

Thanks to everyone who has been helping me with my numerous questions. Its made this whole experience a bit less nerve wrecking for me. I was wondering though about tweezing. I know it shouldnt feel like hair is being tweezed so I asked my electrolygist why it felt that way and she told me that she actualy was tweezing the hair after using the thermolysis. I this normal or should I be worried?

After treating a hair via electrolysis, one must remove the hair from the follicle or else the body may activate the immune responce and create a pus filled pimple around that treated area. Electrologists remove hairs with forceps, or tweezers once a hair is treated. Thus, it may be said that an electrologist “tweezes” all hairs that have been treated. However, where you have been confused here is that the phrase “Tweeze a Hair” in regards to electrology is most often used in reference to poorly treated, or untreated hairs that are simply ripped out of the skin as if they were waxed, or yanked out by yourself at home, effecting no real treatment.

So to recap, it is expected that your electrologist removed the properly treated hair out with a tool that some call tweezers.

It is not proper for one to pay for permanent hair removal and instead get someone temporarily removing hair by pulling hairs that have not been treated, or undertreating hairs so that they regrow.

Does that make more sense now?

I tweezed my upper lip and chin for so long (about 20 years) that the hairs slid out quite easily, and did not usually feel like they were being tugged. It does not feel that different when my electrologist removes the treated hairs. I think that treatments are effective (there is definitely some reduction after 10 treatments), but I am worried about this tweezing issue.

If you have been tweezing for 20 years, your skin and nerves in your lip are so desensitized that you might not even be able to tell the difference any more. If there is one thing the body does do, it is adapt.

Just give your treatment time to work and check in with us to tell us how things went.