Tweezing question

Hi Hairtell, I’ve got a question. Occassionally, when I pull a few hairs out with a tweezer, I noticed that the extracted hair sometimes had a whitish/transparent “covering” or “sheath” near the bottom. What is that?

Hello Omega Zero!

That covering is called the root sheath. Good identifying terminology! For more information: The healthy, moist root sheath indicates that they hair is an actively growing hair.

The sheath helps feed the hair and keep it moist. It’s perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

i’ve been wondering the same thing and actually just wrote a post about it on GRO YO FRO