Tria Laser 4X - A helpful review !

So I thought I would give a review and progress on the Tria Laser 4X. I’ve seen quite a few reviews for this, but I am a skeptical person by nature and didn’t see any great, detailed reviews for people with hirtuism.

1. I am NOT a paid shill by the Tria company or anyone else. I am just a regular person, who has been dealing with excessive, embarrassing hair growth for 10-15 years.

2. I am a tightwad…lol…I don’t have/make a lot of money and its difficult for me to part with it, especially for things that may or may not work and especially for a device that costs a huge chunk of money.

3. If you’ve been dealing with this condition, you’ve probably been dealing with it for years !!! That said, this is a long term commitment and not an overnight process by any means.

My regimen for the last 10-15 years…I am very pale/light complexion with dark brown hair.

Chin…coarse dark brown…In the shower…DAILY… wash face, exfoliate with a loofa on chin, soap, shave with a triple blade razor. Stubble back mid afternoon to evening. Lots of makeup and powder to cover…YUCK. At different points, I’ve tried plucking to slow down the growth rate in between shaving, which helped a bit, but it definitely messes with your skin…redness, irritation, bumps etc…I did try Vanquia at one point years ago, which slowed it some, but not to where I could avoid shaving and plucking. Toyed with the idea of doing in office laser treatments, especially with prices coming down, but still expensive for just one area, time consuming and frankly, embarrassing.

Upper lip…Finer, lighter, hair in the beginning but over the years, more coarse and darker. Used the buffer (like a fine sandpaper) pads, every three days or so, then plucking the ones the buffer didn’t get.

Side of the face areas…longer, finer and a bit lighter hairs. Trim with good sharp scissors close to the skin. Plucking the dark coarse hairs as needed.

After much research on the at home lasers (there are a few different ones out there), I chose the Tria 4X, the FDA clearance probably tipped me in that direction and you don’t have to keep buying cartridges for them (other devices come with cartridges that provide like 250-500 zaps), the Tria has something like 20,000 zaps and then you have to purchase a whole new device.

Purchased on Amazon 1 month ago, did extra for 2 day shipping so I could have it delivered to my work and discreetly accept the delivery without anyone opening it.

As of today, I’ve zapped 4 times (once a week for the last four weeks). Areas I’ve treated…chin, upper lip, sides of face, just below the belly button and some bikini area.

First off…this is not painless, just a “warm tingling feeling” or like “snapping a rubber band lightly on your arm” !!! The coarser and more dense the hair, the more painful. With the Tria, there are five settings, lowest to most intense, which also affects the treatment results. The lower the setting, the less painful, but slower results, the higher the setting, more painful, but faster, better results. Personally, I want better, faster results and the most bang for my buck, so right off the bat, I started with the highest setting, even if it meant more pain.

After the zapping, you will have redness (especially on the coarse hairs)…like after exfoliating, which goes away after a few hours.

The device itself is straight forward and not difficult to use. The only thing I’ve found, on areas that aren’t flat, like the curve of the jawbone or chin, if the sensor isn’t completely flat, it won’t zap. But all in all, self explanatory.

One downside and consideration when thinking about purchasing one of these, or another one on the market…the sensor size. I was first and foremost concerned with getting the facial hair under control, over any other area. The sensor (zapping area) for the Tria is about the size of a nickel, so perfect for smaller areas like the face, not so perfect for larger areas, like arms, legs or back. Larger areas can be done, but a nickel sized sensor is pretty small, I believe there is another one on the market that has a larger “zapping area”, so if that was your focus (larger areas of the body), you may be better off with a different laser.

1st treatment results- no visible slowing of growth on all areas. During this entire process, I am doing my best to resist my urge to pluck !! Still doing my regular regimen for face (scrubbing, shaving, trimming and or buffer pads, minus any plucking). One thing I did notice on the chin, hairs are a bit more visible under the skin right after shaving…I think this is the stunting of the current hair growth cycle after treatment, once the hair works it’s way out, it falls out. I kept with the loofa exfoliation daily to get the hair to come out quicker.

2nd treatment results- Towards the end of the second week, I may have noticed less growth, especially the chin. Seems more small spots with slower growth. 25% of the visible under the skin hairs are gone. Still exfoliating and shaving chin daily, buffing pad on upper lip, no plucking.

3rd treatment results- definitely noticing results on chin, larger patches slower to grow back, less noticeable stubble at the end of the day and even in the morning !! Being careful shaving chin because there is less growth to shave, don’t want to cut myself. Still exfoliating. Upper lip area growth seems to be slowing as well.

4th treatment- A little less painful when zapping the chin in some areas where hair is coming in slower. I’d say maybe a 25% decrease in hairs on chin with a longer re growth time, into the AM the next day ! Upper lip growth 50% slower. Side of face growing slower, coarser hairs not growing back as fast. Longer, lighter hairs not as wild and not growing back a fast. Still daily exfoliating and shaving chin. Upper lip buffing once this week, instead of every other or every 3 days.

5th treatment- Chin hair, definitely seeing positive results !! I don’t need nearly as much makeup and powder to cover it up ! Hair growing in WAY slower (like 24 hours feeling comfortable not shaving, no visible stubble at the end of the day), still doing the loofa and shaving in the morning, but what I was shaving off before, is less now. Reduction of growth probably 35-40%. Upper lip, haven’t buffed for over a week, hair is less, finer and lighter. Sides of face, slower growth, some of the darker hairs have fallen out.

I will try to keep you updated with treatment results.

Please feel free to ask questions if you have them.

I hope you have or will find this helpful, as I know we are all looking for some sort of permanent or at the very least semi-permanent results. The economy still sucks and if you are lucky enough to have a job, some of you are probably making less than you were 5 years ago (at least that’s the case for me), I know the Tria is expensive, but if you can afford cable TV and a latte a day, you can cut those out and save for this !! Like I said, I am/was skeptical and didn’t really have high expectations for this device, but with the results at 5 weeks, I am hopeful !

Any chance you have progress pictures to document your experience?

Unfortunately, James, I have not taken any photos of the treatment progress…too embarrassing for me :frowning:

Jen, I’d urge you take pictures, even if you dont post them right now. You may feel better about it later. The reason James asked, is the home laser kits have a really rotten reputation of not working as advertised. If your experience is different, then it’s worth noting. You may feel better about posting pictures later, when the hair is gone, and in that case you could turn a possibly useful review, into a spectacularly useful review. So if you are having progress as you say, please DO take pictures even if you keep them to yourself for the moment.

Seana

I think this is a really useful posting. Honest and straightforward. I would encourage people reading this to also consider the Me Smooth, because I think it functions as well or better than the Tria and typically is less expensive. I am sure they are more alike than different, but I think it is good to know about options. There is no one size fits all.

Here’s one I found for the Remington I-Light Pro… I have one and I like it… It’s not permanent but it beats shaving every day.

THE MOST DETAILED REVIEW OF THE I-LIGHT PRO (PUBIC AREA), December 24, 2012

This review is from: Remington IPL6000USA I-Light Pro, Professional IPL Hair Removal System (Health and Beauty)
UPDATE: Saturday March 16th, 2013 TWELFTH SESSION
Flashes used this session = 121 + 1304 from previous sessions. Total = 1425
Setting : 5

ORIGINAL FLASH CARTRIDGE FINALLY DIED BUT!..

It could have gone longer. There is definitely a counter in the unit that does not go beyond 1500 flashes and seeing as how I’m within 75 flashes, that seems par for the course considering there were times I lost count (from the pain at times lol) and tried to pick up where I thought I was.

I checked the bulb after the last session and aside from looking a little worn it seemed quite intact in every way. There were no cracks or signs of damage.

Now if you think about it Remington probably tested the cartridge to its breaking point and let’s say that after a few tests in a controlled environment, they realized that the bulb cracked or even exploded at say, 800 pulses. As a result of the bulb cracking or exploding the unit itself was damaged. Maybe it melted a fan blade or messed up the electronics permanently. This may be what led to the unit using a counter to make sure that at a safe number like 1500, the unit would render the cartridge useless. So as much as Remington is making money off replacement cartridges, they are also providing an effective fail-safe to ensure that the unit isn’t damaged and the user is satisfied to a degree.

I don’t like the fact that the cartridge could have lasted longer but I’ve seen how light bulbs can burn out, pop and explode and when I think of that happening next to some sensitive parts of my body??? I’d rather just pay for another cartridge. I’ll keep reviewing the replacement cartridges on their product page but as for this product, yes, you guessed it. FIVE STARS!!! *****

UPDATE: Tuesday March 12th, 2013 ELEVENTH SESSION
Flashes used this session = 75 + 1229 from previous sessions. Total = 1304

A FEW TOUCH UPS

Did some additional light touch ups around my bikini line and waist above my navel and I just noticed that the bulb life indicator is now YELLOW (It has been GREEN up until now)… This is telling me that I’m extremely close to the bulbs death, FINALLY. Still though, the unit is still flashing on the original bulb and I’ll let you all know at what number it finally dies. Can’t wait to see the difference in intensity between the original bulb and a new one.

UPDATE: Thursday March 7th, 2013 TENTH SESSION
Flashes used this session = 310 + 919 from previous sessions. Total = 1229

GOING FOR BROKE!

OK so now I’m starting to wonder if this flash bulb will ever die. I showered and shaved the entire area but this time I went a little further past the bikini line hence the lengthy session. No lotions or moisturizers were applied to the area prior to treatment. I flashed every part of my crotchal region from front to back, paused a minute or two every now and then to let the bulb cool and wiped the lens in between flashes. After treatment, I left the unit on so the fan would cool the bulb until it reset and then activated it again and left the fan to run a second time until reset. This way I know everything has cooled down before I put it back in the box. I have to say I’m starting to love the feel of it all and my wife loves it too :). So now, after all these treatments I can now go a day or two without feeling the need to shave and at this point I can probably go a few more days but the OCD in me keeps making me shave lol.

We are now at 1169 flashes on the original bulb so I don’t see any reason to dock any stars on my review… I am MUCH MUCH smoother than before and I can now shave against the grain of hair without a single ugly red ingrown hair showing up. THE ONLY THING THAT I FIND ANNOYING ABOUT THIS PRODUCT IS; the button is very elusive when you are bending and twisting your wrist to get at those hard to reach spots. The fix for this is simple. Put a little nub on the center of the button so when your flashing and you can’t see the button, you can feel for the center and press it properly.

Excellent product!

UPDATE: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 NINTH SESSION
Flashes used this session = 184 + 735 from previous sessions. Total = 919

Same prep for session as last time and same routine. I shaved, dried the area thoroughly, DID NOT APPLY ANY CREAMS OR LOTIONS TO THE AREA, flashed every part of my crotchal region from front to back, paused a minute or two every now and then to let the bulb cool and wiped the lens in between flashes. This unit is still running strong on the original flash cartridge at 919 flashes and that’s after over 2 months of weekly use! Now you should all know that I am breaking some of the rulese here. I’m using this device every 7 to 10 days as opposed to the recommended 2 week wait. I’m also doing FULL sessions every session instead of “touch ups” like the instructions recommend.

So far I’m about 80 percent hairless in the crotch front to back with the regrowth being a little thinner. Whatever is growing back I’m assuming has lost a bit of the brown pigment that it used to have as I’m no longer in my 20’s (41).

Does this thing work??? YOU BET YOUR A$$ it does. You just have to be careful with it that’s all :slight_smile:

UPDATE: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 EIGHTH SESSION
Flashes used this session = 100 + 635 from previous sessions. Total = 735

Same prep for session as last time and same routine. I shaved, dried the area thoroughly, flashed every part of my crotchal region from front to back, paused a minute or two every now and then to let the bulb cool and wiped the lens in between flashes. One thing I am definitely noticing is that, as the sessions progress they are slowly getting shorter… I’m still doing every inch of my pubic area but I’m flashing a larger area as in, that after a flash I’m placing the gun a little farther away from the last area flashed. It’s not because I’m trying to be frugal with the bulb or anything, it’s just because I’m seeing less and less hair and it’s getting harder to tell where there is and isn’t hair which is a great sign that the product is working. Another thing I’m noticing which I LOVE is NO MORE INGROWN HAIRS!!! I’m now shaving against the grain in areas where shaving against would mean painful ingrown hairs and red spots. Amazing! No other product EVER, has been able to do this.

So after all the reviews on amazon saying that the cartridge does not last I honestly think its because of either factor

A) The unit is not being used with care.
B) It’s defective.
C) The unit is not being maintained properly.

You HAVE TO:

• Clean the lens after a few flashes
  • Take your time and resist flashing it like a paparazzi
  • Let the gun cool for 2 resets when your done.
  • Put it back in the original box when it has cooled properly to keep dust and dirt out of the system.

That’s all I’m doing and I made it past the 700 flash mark. Hopefully we’ll be able to go further.

5 stars remain… For now

UPDATE: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 SEVENTH SESSION
Flashes used this session = 124 + 511 from previous sessions. Total = 635

OK. So nothing different from last time. I shaved, dried the area thoroughly, flashed every part of my crotchal region from front to back, paused a minute or two every now and then to let the bulb cool and wiped the lens in between flashes. The cartridge is still going strong and I’m confident that it will make it past the halfway mark. We’ll have to wait and see.

As for the results…Well I looked under my ball sack earlier today and I noticed that there was absolutely no trace of hair to be seen, not even black spots. The same goes for the bikini line. The area above my penis is hit and miss but I’m starting to see the bald patches growing in size so I’m sure that in time it will look like my bikini line. As for my ass crack, well, I really can’t see back there and I’m not gonna start using a mirror or anything but it does feel smoother even after I haven’t shaved for a full 24 hours. Usually it starts getting itchy after that much time has gone by.

I believe this product does EXACTLY what Remington has stated it will do and nothing more. To me it’s obvious that they did test it extensively so that they could manage our expectations accurately. The only area where I can see improvement is in the false claim that it will last 1500 pulses as these results were no doubt, obtained under very strict controlled conditions so there should be some mention of this in the manual as well as a notice that not everyone will get the same life span out of the cartridge. Either way, to Remington I say bravo for making a great product. To me this is well worth the money.

5 stars remain… For now

UPDATE: Monday Jan 28th, 2013 SIXTH SESSION
Flashes used this session = 142 + 369 from previous sessions. Total = 511

Well the bulb is still going strong and I’d like to hear form people who’s bulb did not make it past 500 flashes. To those people I’m pretty sure you are working the bulb too hard i.e. too many flashes per minute, not pausing enough in between flashes, not cleaning the lens and not letting the gun cool and “automatically shut off” or “reset” after your session. This is all I’m doing and so far it is keeping the bulb intact and functioning as it should. Another thing I’ve discovered is that the instructions tell you to shave the area and wipe the skin clean and completely dry the area… This is EXTREMELY important!!! If you shave then apply some sort of moisturizer to the skin, yes your skin is clean but the oils from the moisturizer will leave a residue on the leans during the sessions thereby making the gun retain more heat than it can bleed off, and if you’re not constantly cleaning the lens then don’t be surprised when the cartridge prematurely dies on you.

Still doing the pubic area from front to back and still using my yoga skills to their limits lol… As for results, I could not be happier. There seems to be more bald patches and in the areas where the hair is still growing back it is coming in thinner and finer. Great results after just 6 weeks of treatments. the 5 stars REMAIN!.. For now.

UPDATE: Thursday Jan 18th, 2013 FIFTH SESSION
Flashes used this session = 127 + 242 from previous sessions. Total = 369

OK so I have officially been at this for an entire month and here is my verdict… This product works AS PROMISED and I really do mean that. If you have a look in the manufacturers description it says that that it will “deliver results that last 6 months” and you’ll notice that right next to it is an asterisk… Here is what this little asterisk means “*Individual results will vary. In clinical testing, on average, participants had 47.8 percent fewer hairs six months after just three treatments, similar to results observed from professional hair removal systems.” AND THEY ARE RIGHT!

In the past month and after 5 full treatments I am noticing around 45 percent hair loss. will it last 6 months? I don’t really think so but that varies from one person to another. Furthermore, I did not use it as directed. Near the end I was using it once a week instead of the recommended 2 weeks. Also, they have been full treatments and not the recommended touch ups after the first three treatments. All in all, I am still NOT disappointed with the I-light Pro. It promises reduced hair growth and I got that. It promises slower regrowth and I got that too. It promised 1500 flashes on the light cartridge and mine is still going strong so I can’t really comment on it yet but we will see. Would I buy this item again? YES. Should you? Yes IF you have the right skin/hair combination but again, DON’T EXPECT MIRACLES. Expect it to help you in your hair removal process and keep you from spending stupid insane amounts of money going to laser clinics and spas to have something done for you that you can do for yourself for MUCH LESS MONEY.

would I have liked the I-light Pro to give better results? Of course but hey, I read all the reviews and I know what I bought into. Furthermore, I don;t have the Ideal Skin, hair combination. Yes I am fair skinned and yes I have dark brown/black hair but I do have some grey hair starting to pop up here and there so I can;t really expect it to work as promised… And since long term results literally take YEARS to achieve, I’ll keep at it. To be honest it’s kind of fun to use :wink:

I will keep updating this review until I have to switch the light cartridge but so far, so good…

UPDATE: Thursday Jan 10th, 2013 FOURTH SESSION
Flashes used this session = 74 + 168 from previous sessions. Total = 242

NEED TO TAKE CONTORTION LESSONS TO GET BACK THERE.

I must be addicted to this product because I just did a full treatment AGAIN! The only reason I did it is because I’m really noticing a difference in the rate of hair growth and the regrowth. Also, there was another review here where the reviewer was using it every few days and she was getting amazing results so why not try it right?

This time around I did front AND back and by back I mean I really had to reach down between my legs and spread areas that I never EVER though I’d be spreading. Since I am used to shaving my but crack and around my butt hole by feel in the shower, I did the same with the I-Light Pro. It was much harder than I thought. The thick “cable” made it hard to get the head into the right position to zap so if there is one thing I’d recommend to Remington, it’s to make it all just a wee bit more versatile in this sense WITHOUT making it cordless. Either way, the job got done regardless of all the bending, twisting and spreading.

As usual, I checked the lens every second or third flash to make sure that it stayed clean. If there was any dust or dirt, I quickly cleaned the lens to make sure everything was running smooth. So far this little sucker is going strong with 242 flashes under it’s belt.

Still impressed, still 5 stars.

QUICK UPDATE: Wednesday Jan 9, 2013 OBSERVATIONS (no session performed)
Flashes used this session = 0 + 168 from previous sessions. Total = 168

It’s been 3 days since my last session and here is what I am noticing.

• Reduced hair growth and delayed hair growth int he area I have been treating (bikini line, ball sack, perineum, area around anus pubic hair all around penis.
  • Bald patches in some areas as in NO TRACE OF HAIR :slight_smile:
  • Hair growing in thinner and sparser.
  • No redness or irritated skin like you’d get epilating.
  • No indication of Bulb “konking out” and on that note, read on.

I will ding Remington for making such a false claim that the bulb will last 1500 flashes BUT, you all have to know that when they tested the bulb life, they wanted to get the most flashes so how did they achieve this? Here’s how:

• They used it on the lowest setting
  • They allowed the flash cartridge to properly cool between flashes (as in, not flash constantly for minutes on end like some people who are in a rush may do)
  • They tested it in a properly ventilated room to prevent premature overheating.
  • They tested it under PERFECTLY CLEAN AND DUST FREE CONDITIONS.
  • The flash bulb test was NOT done while being used on someone’s skin hence the lens was never dirty during the test and which did not lead to added heat building up in the unit (The lens DOES get dirty very quickly even after 5 or 6 flashes).

So doing it like this, I can see how Remington’s test facility got 1500 flashes out of the cartridge. Now then; Here is why I think the cartridges aren’t lasting 1500 flashes.

• People are using it on the highest setting all the time (obviously it’s gonna impact the life of the flash bulb no matter what people here will tell you)
  • People are using it in a poorly kept environment i.e. dusty room from pet dander, pet hair, smoking (dust accumulates on the lens and bulb itself and negatively impact its lifespan)
  • People are using it in a hot/humid room
  • People are NOT keeping the lens clean during treatment sessions and in between flashes.

So folks, when you use it, make time for the session so that you’re not in a rush. Do the treatment in a clean, cool and dust free environment. Give the device time to cool properly in between flashes (this ties back to the whole take your time thing), keep the lens clean during your sessions and in between flashes and don’t use it immediately after a shower/bath in your bathroom (heat).

UPDATE: Sunday Jan 6, 2013 THIRD SESSION
Flashes used this session = 60 + 108 from previous sessions. Total = 168

GOING FOR THE BURN!

OK so it’s only been 4 days since the last session and not 2 weeks like the instructions recommend. WHY? Well, I was talking to my wife about the treatments and mentioned that I wasn’t really smelling any burnt hair to which she replied, “Then it may not be working… Are you using it on it’s highest setting?” to which I replied, “No, I’m using it on level 4 which is one notch down from the highest, level 5”. So she said, “Do it again on the highest setting. You should be smelling burnt hair.” therefore, I’m considering this treatment more of a touch up than a session.

That said, I have to say that I’m seeing results even before the third treatment. I’m starting to see actual BALD SPOTS which is encouraging considering that I have only done 2 sessions. The third went just as well as the second. In terms of pain, there isn’t much of a difference between level 4 and 5 but I did smell a bit more burnt hair which was the overall goal. I later treated the area with some Aloe Vera but so far, my skin is reacting quite well. There’s no blistering or crazy redness. Had I tried epilating in the same spot, it would have hurt like hell and created tons of red spots and irritated the skin. I am really starting to like this product.

Now… In between treatments, I’ve been researching other IPL products and found that they are all doing the same thing but instead of using the more common term “IPL” (Intense Pulse Light) some are using a new term called “HPL” or “Home Pulse Light”… Don’t let this new term fool you, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. Also, in my research I was looking at the Silk’n SN-008 Flash&Go which sells here on Amazon for 299.00… Overall the device does EXACTLY the same thing that the I-Light Pro does but with a few unnecessary extras. I don’t think it’s an inferior product but I do think that it’s no better than the I-Light Pro. I also came across a YouTube video about the Silk’n SN-008 Flash&Go and the video specifically states that “due to the nature of the hair growth cycle, achieving long term results may require multiple treatment sessions over a period of 18-24 months”. They mention it at 07:27 in this video […] Taking this into consideration, you can expect the same thing with the I-light Pro…

So after 14 days and only 2 sessions I’m seeing good results therefore the review will remain at 5 stars. More to come…

UPDATE: Jan 2nd, 2013 SECOND SESSION
Flashes used this session = 68 + 40 from last session. Total = 108
Setting : 4

NOTE: I decided to wait the full 2 weeks like the instructions recommend.

First the prep. I shaved my groin area and dried it thoroughly. Then flashed the area from the perineum (gap between your butthole and your vagina/ball sack) to my navel and it wasn’t that bad this time around. The one thing I did that made a difference is; anytime the flashes started to hurt even a bit, I’d flash, wait until the pain from the last flash would subside (about 20 seconds) then flash the next section. It really did make it more comfortable for me. I’m not noticing any REAL hair loss yet as it is only my second session and there are many IPL pros here who say it takes many months before seeing NOTICEABLE results, so for now the review remains at 5 stars.

***QUICK TIP TO ENSURE PROPER BULB LIFE: Try to remember to wipe the lens thoroughly BETWEEN flashes. This keeps the lens clean and thereby makes the treatment more effective not to mention allows more of the light to pass THROUGH the lens so that the heat from the flash doesn’t get bounced back into the cartridge adding to the heat build up. Also, once you are done DO NOT TURN OFF THE UNIT!!! Let the fan run until the unit shuts itself off and you hear a beep, then feel the exhausted air coming out of the base and make sure it is COOL before turning the unit off. There, you’ve just eliminated another variable that MAY kill the flash bulb sooner. More to come…

HAPPY ZAPPING :slight_smile:

BTW, to bide my time I’ve been reading reviews from other similar products but one product that REALLY caught my attention was the NO-NO… As in “NO-NO the freikin thing broke down again!!!” Lol. This ridiculous POS sells for as high as 350.00 and is nowhere near as reliable or as effective as the I-light pro. While the I-light Pro sells for as little as 180 (with coupon if you’re lucky enough to find one). I pity those who regretfully gave the NO-NO a chance. Now their money is NO-NOwhere to be found. Lol

Sunday December 23rd, 2012 FIRST SESSION
Setting : 1-3

First of all, let me just say that I’m in my early forties and starting to get gray hair on my head and I’m not expecting miracles like some other reviewers. I read all the reviews and all I expect this product to do is prevent hair from growing back so quickly that I need to shave every day. I am a guy and I HATE hair. It’s ugly and having been a cyclist for so long, I learned to shave EVERYTHING, from front to back and legs as well. I love the feeling and so does my wife. what I don’t like is all the prep work and process to be hairless. Also, when biking, the grinding of the legs really makes it hard on my thighs and crotch so I need to be hairless down there.

Anyways, on with my review. I bought the Remington I-light PRO from Amazon and picked it up a few days ago. As soon as I got it home I opened it and began reading the instructions. Much to my delight Remington seems to manage customer expectations VERY WELL. The instructions DO mention that the unit will not work as expected when used on dark skin and white/gray or blonde hair. Also it mentions that it is dangerous to use if you have dark skin so I really don’t understand why people are giving it one star ratings when they didn’t either follow the instructions or have the right combination of skin/hair. The instructions also recommend cleaning the lens and unit before putting it away after every session. Now, to be completely fair, the instructions DON’T tell you to leave the unit on after use so that the fan can cool the bulb which I’m guessing is leading to so many light cartridges not getting anywhere near 1500 flashes Which I can live with… Hell the bulbs are 20 dollars EACH and when compared to a professional laser hair removal session which I’m hearing can cost upwards of 200 EACH SESSION, the I light PRO really isn’t that costly,

So I used it on my crotch area and it does seem to work. Shaving prior to treatment is key as this product is designed to work below the skin BUT BE ADVISED, shave IN THE DIRECTION OF HAIRS AND NOT AGAINST!!! shaving against will get you a closer shave yes, but you’ll have to deal with ingrown hairs no matter how much exfoliating and moistirizing you do. Shave your legs anyway you want but for the bikini line and crotch area and for the purpose of preparing the skin for THIS type of treatment and future treatments, the last thing you want is red bumps and ingrowns. The flashes not only kill the hair but also burn the extra hair right off and like many reviewers said, it does feel like a rubber band being snapped on your skin. I tried it on level 4 and found that the pain was quite manageable but I have yet to try it on level 5. Once it was over I had treated my groin area making sure not to overlap flashes and it left my skin feeling rough because the burnt hair is still there but we’ll see what happens in the next few days. I’m gonna try using it once a week depending on whether or not there will be red bumps, itchiness or irritated skin. If there is any of this, I’ll use it every 2 weeks as per the instructions. Let’s see how it goes. More to come in my update :slight_smile:
P.S. Total flashes used so far = 40