Tria Home Laser - Recently bought and using it now

Hi everyone.

Just thought i would start a thread to tell everyone how the TRIA is going for me and what kind of results i might get in the coming months.

I am a male with dark course body hair, pretty much covered in the areas covered by a tshirt. ive had electrolysis in the past and also some IPL but i have a lot of hair so i need something to continue to kill the hair with.

If you havent had laser or electrolysis before, then the tria might hurt you slightly on the highest setting, especially in the areas with a lot of hair. I can tolerate it alrite and generally just do a few areas whenever im on the couch.

So far i have cleared patches on my chest and stomach and shoulders. ive kind of done it the wrong way by just doing random spots but i guess any treatment will help in the long run.

Im just waiting now for about another week or so for all the hair ive treated to shed. My skin after the treatment is red. also for the next few days i have quite a few red spots on various hairs which recieved the laser heat. this is the only side effect for me.

I will add to this post in a week or so when the current treatment areas shed.

Is the redness going away after a few days though? Are there follicles raised at least for a bit after the treatment?

I wouldn’t continue just doing patches. You can cause longterm patchy results that way if it actually ends up creating any permanent results.

I’m curious if you actually considered professional treatments at all? The t-shirt area would likely cost around $300-400 per treatment and with 3 or so treatments with a good machine at high settings, you can probably get rid of at least 50% of dark coarse hair permanently.

most of the general redness is gone the next day. slightly raised after treatment. some follicles stay red a lot longer, just a few spots here and there.

Ive had IPL before and the reason the tria was good was because i could use it at home in privacy. Also, where in live in australia, the price of laser is very expensive for these areas so i will see how things go with this.

To be honest, i would be more than happy if i can mantain a hair free look with the tria, even if the results arent 100% permanent . But judging by the treatment feeling and redness etc i would say this machine is capable of damaging hair follicles (to how much degree im not sure yet)

its been about 1 week now. no signs of shedding or anything yet. redness has all pretty much gone though.

are you doing overlapping? overlapping gets the best results

yeh i tried to overlap in the patches where i could. its been 10 days now, a couple of hairs are sliding out but not many. ive forgotten the areas ive done but there isnt really any major noticeable shedding yet. i used the highest setting i could. hopefully the next couple of days will shed more.

hi guys

its been 2.5 weeks now going on 3. shedding has occured, bit patchy in areas, but this is because of my less than perfect zapping. i guess the real test will be to see how long the smoothness lasts for and what the regrowth looks like. so far so good.

SILK’N BEAT TRIA on GOOD MORNING AMERICA, NOVEMBER 6TH, 2008!

It’s cheaper, faster, more effective and physician-recommended!

Check out this clip and visit silkn.com to find a doctor near you.

Oh yes, it doesn’t sound like an ad at all.

I don’t know what you mean by “beat”. It’s not like you can tell results right away.

I totally agree. I have a friend that used Tria and she was very dissapointed. It didn’t work nearly as well as she had hoped, but I had heard good things about Silkn so I bought that instead. It totally did the job and wasn’t even painful. I would recommend it to anyone over Tria.

The preceeding message was a paid advertsiement for the Silk’n and no endorsement has been paid to Hairtell.com for it’s placement on these pages. Only the poster stands to make any money from these ads being here.