Treatment bed advice

Hello!

I’m gearing up to begin my electrology practice. A colleague who’s been practicing for years advises me to get a treatment bed that has 360 degree rotation and insists rotation is a must-have over a stationary type bed. In fact, she uses a fully electric dental chair in her practice.

Thought I’d inquire with the practitioners here. Is a bed with rotation a must-have? Is there a particular treatment bed you’re especially fond of that you’ve found works well for you?

Appreciate your thoughts since a treatment bed is a big investment and I don’t want to make a bad choice. Thank you!

I wouldnt recommend having the client on a rotating table normally.I do recommend you be able to get your legs well under the table, and that the table be rated for as much weight as your heaviest clients.Use a rolling stool and cart though so you can get around the table from all sides and flipping the client around like they are on a rotisserie becomes unnecessary.

1 Like

It depends on the size of your treatment room. In my case, I use a large stationary bed and work from all 4 sides. My electrolysis machine is on a cart at the head of the table that I can move out of the way (or pull closer to the feet if I need more cord length).

I recommend that the table have room underneath for your legs and that it be stable enough that it isn’t going to flip over if someone sits on the corner or down at the foot area (4 legs, positioned as close to each corner of the table as possible).

I also opted to go with an extra wide table that will hold up to 450 pounds, just in case. It doesn’t cost that much more to get something that will accommodate anyone that comes through the door.

A lot of the tables that rotate, particularly the ones that you’re likely to be able to afford on a budget, aren’t that great in supporting larger clients and they can be somewhat unstable since all of the weight is focused on a single post. Most of the sturdy, expensive, fully electric ones have no room for your legs.

Ultimately, it comes down to what feels best for you, however. Everyone has different tastes when it comes to beds, lighting, magnification, working distance, etc.

1 Like

Thank you both!