Treatment 1 of 5 - Advanced Laser Clinics

I had my first treatment at Advanced Laser Clinic last week. I had my toes, lower legs and underarms done in one session, and my upper legs, ab trail, bikini and the area to be discussed in the mature forum done three days later.

It went pretty smoothly - I used EMLA and I think that helped quite a bit. The only part that really hurt was the shins and the ankles. It was really weird feeling, kinda like bee stings or pin pricks. When it did hurt I tried to breathe deeply to relax myself, and I just kept telling myself that waxing would be much worse. On the ankle/shin the pain was comparable to waxing, everywhere else was much easier.

I didn’t have problems afterwards - my legs were blotchy for the rest of the day, and by the next day I was back to normal.

It’s been a week - I’m seeing bare patches on my legs but I still have a lot of hair. I know I will be shedding over the next week or two so I am not especially worried. I’m going to shave it today because it’s starting to annoy me. :smile:

I have four more treatments, every 12 weeks or so… and then the guarantee kicks in and I can go in for touch-ups if I need it.

So far I am pleased, but it’s early in the game.

Ick! Well, I shaved my legs… and now they are all bumpy. I could not get a smooth close shave on my legs or underarms.

Oh well… at least I know something happened during the laser hair removal! :smile:

impatiently waiting to shed all those hairs

It’s now been a week and a half since my lower legs/underams were done and a week since my upper legs were done.

I shaved three days ago, the stubble is growing very very slowly… and I am now able to pull some hairs out that obviously aren’t connected anymore.

So things are looking good… although I am still waiting to officially shed!

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Bianca201:
<strong>Ick! Well, I shaved my legs… and now they are all bumpy. I could not get a smooth close shave on my legs or underarms.

Oh well… at least I know something happened during the laser hair removal! :smile:

impatiently waiting to shed all those hairs</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Biance - I just got my underarms lasered for the first time one week ago, and I too cannot get a close shave!

Why? This wasn’t something I expected. But I’m hoping it’s a good sign.

The not-getting-a-close-shave thing is yukky, isn’t it?

I’m guessing it is because there are hair follicles that are in various damaged stages and that is making the skin bumpy. The bumpy-ness makes it so the razer can’t shave close? I don’t know why it happens.

It doesn’t last too long - it was pretty annoying while it happened but went away in a few days. :smile:

[ April 08, 2004, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Bianca201 ]

I don’t know it totally sucks though. The hair is definitely long enough to be shaved, and I don’t know why even a brand new razor can’t catch it.!

I’m just hoping that this means something has worked, because I didn’t have this problem before LHR.