Treating follicles multiple times?

My electrologist is operating under the premise that you need treat the follicle multiple times over different sessions. Is this reasonable.? I won’t identify my electrolysis, but I will quote from her website.

“The average professional electrologist with average skills statistically kills 40% of the hairs at each treatment. 60% of hair grows back weaker 2 to 3 months later.”

“You hit the hairs once and they come back weaker. Hit them again and then they don’t come back. It’s gradual but permanent. It’s important to understand that not all the hairs are out and visible at one time.”

Any input would be helpful. My electrologist is treating my beard and I am yet to get a good read on our progress. I really like her and want her to do it, I just can’t tell yet if it is working properly. Any things I should be specifically looking for? I’ve had 10 hours so far, 2 hour sessions, biweekly. Thanks in advance.

FYI, we are using Thermolysis. My electrologist says the setting is the highest for intensity. I don’t know about duration. There is slight tugging, but not the feeling of being plucked. We addressed that. Thanks again.

I dont agree with your electrologists numbers and assessment. Usually we dont see all the hair that will grow in an area at any given point in time, and this does make it feel like this should be the right assessment, but it’s honestly the hairs cycles of growth that is the issue, and not that we are “breaking down the hairs” where they come back weaker. If you do a little searching in these forums you’ll see this topic has come up a number of times in the past, and the explanations presented there might make better sense than how I’ve worded it. Dee is especially good at answering this question, so hopefully she will pop her head in and comment. But cycles of hair growth have a huge effect on our perception of the amount of hair growing, and your electrologists explanation is one way I’ve heard many describe it, but it is not wholly accurate. The good news is your electrologist is probably killing hairs she doesnt even think she is.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’ll stick it out for a few more sessions till I can get a better bead on how things are going.

@kea54 I know this is an older post, just wondering if your sessions are going well and you are seeing results?