To avoid a scam/rip off what should one watch out for /what type of q

Hi guys,

This is my 2nd post, slightly different
Let’s say i want to get a counsultation at a certain place what type of questions should i ask and what should i watch out for on that appointment

Thanks

Hope to hear from someone

(sorry if i’m asking too many questions i did some reasearch on this topic not too profound and suddenly decided that i want to do it this summer don’t want to put it off any further

First and foremost, how much experience does the technician have? Second most important, what machine(s) do they use?

Andrea has more things to ask and look for on www.hairfacts.com.

RJC2001

First and foremost, how much experience does the technician have? Second most important, what machine(s) do they use?

Andrea has more things to ask and look for on www.hairfacts.com.

RJC2001

First thanks for replying

Why would it make a difference as to what type of machines they’re using I don’t know which type of laser I wiil be recommended I was thinking about going for counsultation but i’m afraid that because a lot of places carry specific limited types (i might be wrong) they’ll recommend the type of laser that they use
(which might not be the best choice for me)

Thanks i really appreciate the input

I first did some research to figure out what type of laser would work best for me, then only went for consultations at places that had that type of laser. I’m sure if you provide more information about your skin and hair, someone here can help you figure out which lasers might be good options for you.

As far as questions to ask, one more thing that I’d recommend is to make sure that they treat missed areas for free. My technician doesn’t draw any grid lines or anything for guidance, and so I’ve had missed patches every single time. I then have to be quite aggressive to get them to treat those missed areas. It’s really annoying, and I hate that they make me feel like I’m trying to take advantage.

I first did some research to figure out what type of laser would work best for me, then only went for consultations at places that had that type of laser. I’m sure if you provide more information about your skin and hair, someone here can help you figure out which lasers might be good options for you.

As far as questions to ask, one more thing that I’d recommend is to make sure that they treat missed areas for free. My technician doesn’t draw any grid lines or anything for guidance, and so I’ve had missed patches every single time. I then have to be quite aggressive to get them to treat those missed areas. It’s really annoying, and I hate that they make me feel like I’m trying to take advantage.

Thanks that helps

I’m basically skin type 3 and hair is dark not really coarse but i wouldn’t call it too fine either…

find an alexandrite or diode type laser. there are many various ones made by different manufacturers. you can find a list of questions to take to your consultations on the hairfacts website. call to find out what laser they are using first (either a diode or an alexandrite is best for you), how long they’ve been in business, how much experience a particular tech who will be treating you has, etc. You can also look for recommendations in your city on this and other LHR forums (consumer beware and cosmeticenhancements). Finally, make sure to read these boards carefully to find out how laser works and what would give you best results. That way you will be more equipped when judging whether the place you go to knows what they are doing.

yep i found the consultation form, makes it (visit)a lot easier thanks