Tips for toes

I’m nearing the end of my electrolysis course (we’re just doing salon days for the rest of the year) and one of the areas they’re NOT teaching us about is toes. I tried thermolysis on my left big toe and couldn’t get a clean release at about the highest setting I could bear. I want to try blend on my right big toe and see if that does any better, but I’m having trouble with the blend on our volunteers (face and underarms) as well. Lots of my classmates have said they’d want it done on their toes more than other areas thanks most likely to the convenience of laser so i feel like it’d be useful to master. Any tips would be much appreciated!

I recommend using LMX-5 and finding a way to immobilize the foot and toes while working on them. If you’re working on yourself, press your foot against a floor, cushion, baseboard, or wall so you don’t twitch while treating the hairs. Some people do it at home in an empty tub.

1 Like

The issue is probably with your insertions. This area can be annoying, so take the time to find the correct angle for entry, and then try a more shallow insertion compared to what you’ve previously done. As you remove the hairs, pay attention to their depth and use this as a guide for other follicles.

I think you’re right about my insertions. I was inserting quite deep and when I tweezed, the roots all had that salt grain-like pulp at the bottom.