Tips for skincare recommended by James

I know James has posted it many times on his forum but I want to make a thread so that others can help searching for recommended products.

I am fed up of seeing my skin look horrible and can’t wear makeup or it makes my skin worse.

So… James what do you recommend for rebuilding skin?

I have had acne (probably still do) and because of that have dents/holes in my face and also acne at times although not as bad as t used to be (the actual acne). Although recently my skin has flared again probably after trying out a foundation (I don’t think any makeup-sort of products work on my face as even tinted moisturiser does the same). It’s been quite cold and I haven’t been outside so it can’t be sweat or anything like that.

Okay so there are about 3 places I would probably go to first to find what James recommends (need to look for products first.

One is Holland & Barrett http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/
another is Boots http://www.boots.com/
and Superdrug http://www.superdrug.com/

Looking forward to seeing your post (and others).

I think dermatologists almost cetainly recommend products containing retinoids(for example Retin-A is the most established brand), as I understand, it is generally accepted that these have been proven to be highly effective at skin rejuvination. I think it also benefits acne prone skin. Though obviously you would need to see your dermatologist beforehand.

Vit C applied topically alongside vit E (and ferulic acid) is (in most studies apparently) said to have synergistic results, and acts as an anti-oxidant, fighting off free redicals. they say it (vit C) is also an important factor in the production of collagen structures.

Products containing alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) are, I think also recommended by dermatologists to improve the smoothness and general feel of the skin. Again you would need to see a dermatologist before hand.

I think sunscreen used on a daily basis, is a must. Because apparently suntanned skin is a damaged skin!

I’m not James, obviously. But you did say “and others” - so, there you are!

The average American lives in a perpetually dehydrated state of being. The military says that one of the things they have to drill in basic training is to acclimate the recruits to the idea of keeping their bodies hydrated.

First off, your body needs water to do anything. The water should be safe for life. Most tap water doesn’t meet this criteria, as the chlorine and fluoride render it unsafe for man or beast. Home water systems should remove both of these toxins at the point of delivery for drinking or bathing water. We pay too much for tap water in this country to be be paying to be poisoned.

Next up skin and organs must be built from the inside out, so it is vital that a person get enough vitamins A, C, E and zinc to make good skin. The beauty industry will sell you stuff with these constituents in creams and potions, but getting them internally is best. Chlorophyll is also very important to your body, and the average American is too busy munching on things that don’t contain it. One should eat something green with every meal. If you don’t, your body wishes you did.

I tell my clients to use Tea Tree Oil overnight and Aloe Vera during the day. If the a problem with itching develops, an Aloe Cortisone is a good addition to the post treatment regime. One can also use Witch Hazel, and/or Calamine lotion.

In basic terms, anything that is good for burns is good for electrolysis. Additionally, one should increase the vitamin and mineral profile, to enhance and speed healing. For instance, keloiding is a process where the healing process is unevenly distributed and one part of the skin mixture is made in higher amounts than the rest. Some of that could be due to the body not being able to produce the other compounds.

If one is well hydrated, and nutritionally sound, and keeps the treated area clean and dry for 24 to 72 hours, one should do just fine.