Tips For Pain Reduction: (Pinch Technique)

This is something you won’t learn in school.

I’m glad you posted this video, Josefa. I use the pinch technique frequently, especially for the middle upper lip. I like to pinch, as I pull the flap down to create a vertical pull ( a horizontal pull causes more discomfort). I also like to do this along the sensitive lip line, especially on the left side as the client turns towards me.

I wonder how many electrologists utilize this fantastic technique. It truly interrupts the nerve pathway back to the spine > brain.

Do you not find insertions more difficult? As in this is sort of the opposite of stretching the skin on the working area. It was necessary to do this to bring skin from the neck into view of the magnification, (not for pain relief) but overall I consider the experiment a failure, because insertions were so much more difficult as to make it impractical.

Not difficult at all, but I use Laurier IBP and Ballet gold probes. I’m liking Pro-Tec probes, too.

Protec are one of my options. As are Sterex. I’m about to order. I’ve always used ballet. They are overpriced to buy here and not available from TES in canada.I prefer one piece probes. I absolutely hated precision probes and wont buy them again.I know I’ve had sterex used on me and they were tolerable, I dont know how well they went for the elctrologist.

Quite the contrary. The key is to collect enough skin between your fingers. Exposed skin will remain very stretched even more than otherwise. I see only one drawback, the extra effort that the practitioner should do. But like everything in this world, nothing is free.

Thank you Dee! No doubt many of us have used this technique at some point during our career. Of course, we’re not reinventing the wheel, but it is exciting to see how others have made the same way before you. I just make sure to leave enough pebbles after my step …

As Dee says it’s not something taught in school, infact I only started using this technique after getting the tip from Josefa last year.
Seanna it is excellent for under the nose especially on fine hair, using a firm ‘pinch’ makes the skin tight and pops the hairs up for easier insertion into the follicle.