TIPS for newly minted electrologists?

Hello Everyone,
I am a newly minted electrologist with 15 years of experience as a licensed skin care therapist. My question is how much time do you give yourself between appointments to sanitise the room, make your notes, document everything after each session.

If you have any other tips for a newbie , please feel free to share. Thank you.
I am using Apilus xcellPro

2 Likes

I space a minimum of 15 minutes between appointments. This refreshes the electrologist and allows enough time to disinfect and set up for the next client.

2 Likes

I only take a few minutes between clients to just replace the necessities. I take a longer break after a block of clients to rest and eat.

Most stuff you’ll just learn on the job if you already know how to do electrolysis.

1 Like

We block 30 mins to allow for appropriate rest. Sometimes will allow 15 mins to help squeeze a client in.

1 Like

I need 15 minutes. If a case lasts for 2-3 hours, I allow 30-40 minutes more so I can take a quick brisk walk on the treadmill.

2 Likes

I’m getting REALLY old. I cant work like I used to. Even 10 years ago, I was taking clients with a 15 minute gap between. I was getting behind too on what I needed to do.

These days I moved to working from home and I also have injured myself. I have arthritus in my left elbow and hand. I started having difficulty with degenerative disk disease about 8 years ago really badly and had to slow things down
Add on toop of this, clients come early ( or goddess help me late!) it takes time to get them on the table, wiped down, a needle loaded and everything ready to go. These days for most appointments, regardless of length, it’s at least 30 minutes between appointments. If I am doing multiple hour electrolysis , I add on an ADDITIONAL 15 minutes for every hour so I can get up, go have a break for my back and shoulderand scrub up and get back at it. So a 1 hour appointment, is 1 1/2 hours of my schedule. A 2 hour is 2 hours and 45 minutes and a 3 hour is 4 hours of my schedule.
Every minute is needed. The older you get, the more your body proves this too you.

I dont tend to book an actual " lunch " during my work week.
I have yet another new electrologist working with me this year. She came full of energy. I advised her to slow down. It doesnt matter how good the money is, if you work yourself too hard you wont be able to work at all. She had heeded that advice, at first booking three shifts a week, then 2, and now, only one. She has a full time job besides. I was wholeheartedly in support of this. Here is the reality, if you work yourself half to death, you will burn yourself out.

3 Likes