This seemed strange...

Thanks guys! I was just wondering why she uses it then, if everyone here says its a NO NO, but she only uses a bit right after treatment, then I use witch hazel at home and tea tree oil at night…seems to be fine…
also from previous electrolysis treatments (not from the current one I am going to) I noticed that I little red lines and blue veins are becoming more noticeable near my lower cheek beside my mouth? It looks like rosesca? (sp) I asked this electrologist how to fix it, she suggested to see a derm.
But I’m curious, could electrolysis have caused this, and can continuing electrolysis make it worse?

The only way they would become more noticeable is to due to the fact that the lack of hair makes them more visible. Plus, like everyone getting electrolysis, you are probably inspecting your skin way more closely than you ever have before.

Actually, the Hydrocortisone is more likely the cause of that side effect. She is probably using it as a soothing anti-inflammatory, but in the end, the thinning effect on the skin makes it something that one should only use if you have itching.

Hi James:

Just out of curiousity, who is the wrestler in the picture you added.

I have some cousins who were part of a famous wrestling family.

Alicia

That is actually me.
The picture was taken as a part of a professional photo shoot. It was the end of the shoot, and everyone was just fooling around. It didn’t take much convincing to get me to jump into the tights and take the shot.
I know a few pro’s as well. :wink:

Hi James:

The picture was so small it was hard to tell who it was,
but you look good there.

Seriously though my cousins were the Vachon family,
which you may or may not have heard of. Mad Dog was actually a very accomplished amateur wrestler before turning pro.

Alicia

Errr maybe I should just tell her to stop using it, I have sensitive skin to begin with, but I like her as an electrologist, I’ve noticed a big improvement!

I really wouldn’t worry about it if it’s only right after the treatment. I’ve used cortisone for years without issues and I feel it helps heal my cuts, pimples, and other things that have redness. I don’t use it every day or anything, but it shouldn’t be an issue given what she’s doing.

Thanks LAgirl =) I’ve noticed the hairs are coming back so fine! I love it! Because she’s using blend with a higher current, I do have scabbing, but it generally subsides within a few days…it’s just noticeable though, but I’d rather have those than hair! Yuck! lol
She let me see her clients that have finished, and that makes me feel better, knowing that I can see people with results, and not just take the word of an electrologist (no offence to any of them) but it is a business, just like anything else, I like to see things for myself =) Just how I am lol

Hey! I’m from Toronto and I’ve been getting electrolysis on the upper lip for about two years (but reallly spaced out - 24 hours max) and I think the electrologist you are seeing - the one who uses blend - is the same one I go to! (Its up in Scarborough right?)

I have really good results from her and had no problems at all. The only reason why I’m back on the board is to consider laser on the underarm area. So no worries! Just to let you know, IF it is the same electrologist (and I bet it is), I told her my concerns about the cortisone and she totally understood and suggested polysporin instead. =)

Polysporin is not good either. It’s too oily. Witch hazel and tea tree oil are best.

Are you done after 2 years? You should be. What do you mean by “24 hours max”? You should only need to go in once every 2 weeks or so to start and about once a month when you’re almost done.

She uses a cream version of polysporin, instead of the ointment. Is that still too oily?

I’m pretty much done. A couple new hairs pop up once in a while - due to weird hormones, I suspect. And maybe because I am only 19. =\ Is that possible??
By “24 hours max”, I mean that is the maximum total amount of time that I spent on electrolysis. I haven’t been keeping count as I used to go once every 2 weeks, then every 3 weeks. I’ve been going once every 4 weeks for the past 6 months and am working on my stomach now. And dang, those hairs hurt to be removed!

desperate18 and jfreebody …I would really like to know your experiences with your choosen electrologist? Also, since its been a year from the last time you posted above comments (and might have started the electrolysis). Would you care to shed your experiences in terms of:
What area was treated?
How many sessions have you gone through so far?
What type of electrolysis method or laser (if any) was used?
How satisfied are you with the results?

Can you recommend me to your electrolysis? Either PM me or post here please. I am particularly interested in getting rid of hair on my chin and neck area for starters. I can go to either Scarborough or Toronto area clinic/electrologist.