Thinking About Shaving Head. first time

hello people. i’m about to start shaving my own head. and i’m doing this for the 1st time. Is there anything i should buy product wise before i do this.

basically i use the bump fighter razor and tend skin to shave my face. do i need to be concerned about razor bump problems on my head. i found this video on youtube.com should i just do what this guy does?

basically my hair is pretty thick right now. i’m thinking i need to buy clippers to cut my hair down first. than get a head blade like this guy does.

just found this link.

http://www.haircutsformen.org/buzz/pages/tipsshave.htm

there’s a section on it about shaving.

i guess nobody shaves there head around here. i know there is alot of info available but i just wanted some input from others. it helps when you have someone talk you thru it.

Hello, you can find a lot of info on head shaving at:
slybaldguys.com

Look under the “Head Shaving” section for examples on what products men use. I hope this helps.
That web-site will answer any questions you have on head shaving since it was designed for such a purpose.

Some tips from me. For a beginner don’t use head blade. You will likely cut yourself and the head blade is very sharp. It’s not easy to use, and if you cut somewhere on your head then ouch there will be LOTS and LOTS of blood falling out.
So, start with Mach III. It’s a nice blade and you don’t have to worry as much about cuts.

Shave gel: The better your shaving gel, the less irritated your scalp will be, and the smoother the shave!!! The 2 best shave gels designed specifically for the head are headslick and Bald Guyz shave gel (which can be ordered from http://www.baldguyshopz.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=2)

After shave care??? After you shave your skin becomes dry, so you need to moisturize your scalp. The best product I have found for that is Bald Guyz moisture gel.

If you want more information send me a pm, or visit slybaldguys.com and look carefully at past questions asked.

Good luck on your journey!!

We have a guy coming in our spa who is having the hair on his scalp treated with Epilfree, post epilation hair reduction system. His results are great! check out epilfreeusa.com

Are you saying that you WAX a man’s scalp hair?

Hi James,
Yes, I don’t recommend it if the patient has a low pain tolerance or a full head of hair. Most men these days go with the bald look not because they love the look…(of course it grows on you)…but it’s a thousand times better than looking like a balding middle aged man! We have a client who has been shaving his scalp and face for years and came to us and asked us to do the Epilfree treatment on him. He wanted a light at the end of the shaving tunnel. I can understand that…shaving daily or twice daily takes alot of time and effort and the idea of having that end really motivated him. We just finished his 2nd treatment…the difference between the “before” and the regrowth is huge…I would have to say 60% from the first treatment. As we all know after waxing there is a certain amount of damage to some of the follicles anyway, and there is ALOT of condensed hair growing on the scalp. The change in the regrowth amount however was profound! I have pictures, if you’d like to see them I will ask my client for a release.

A release would be a very good idea. We would not want anyone to forget that they in fact gave permission for the use of the pictures.